documents and expectations

tiggersgrl

We're going on the cruise from Houston on 10/9. Got our docs last Friday. This is our first cruise on NCL, but that was pretty early compared to RCCI and Carnival.

Just remember that you're on vacation and expect to have a good time. You'll never be disappointed.:D

Happy Cruising!!

Stac

Usually if you have a good TA or have booked through the company you can expect them within a couple weeks after final payment. NCL is very good about getting them out pdq. We paid in full for our November cruise about 2 weeks ago, I expect to get out docs in the next week or so. If not I will call the agency.

NMNita

My experience is that I usually receive my documents between 2-4 weeks of the departure date. I would consider anything sooner than that unusually early, but obviously others have had different experiences. I also believe that sometimes it depends on whether you also booked your airfare thru the cruiseline. If you did, I've read that it can delay the receipt of your documents until within 2 weeks of departure.

We were on the NCL Sea out of Houston in April without air arrangements - received our documents 4 days before the ship sailed - We are booked again for a 9/11 cruise on the same ship and have not yet received documents. Both cruises were booked with the same Online TA - I'm certain that they just hold onto them till the last minute - must think I will lose them if I have them too soon. So - It does have everything to do with your TA - Give them a call and request they inform you as soon as they receive your documents - maybe they will.

We booked direct with NCL w/o air for 10/2/04 Wind-Hawaii. We received our docs on Aug 9. We usually book direct with the line, but when we've had air we've often not received docs until 2 weeks or closer to sail time. Also, don't forget to preregister on the NCL website and check your registration from time to time. We were registered and then went for an upgrade and one of our addresses was dropped off the registration??? Not a big thing but I was able to correct it on line. (I'm a worry-wort and like to cross all my t's and dot the i's every step of the way.) Have a wonderful trip....Happy Sails :D

Archived