Voyager Of The Seas Cabins above Gangway

We have 3 cabins booked (Cabins 2614, 2616, 2618) on the Voyager of the Seas and I just realized that they are directly over the gangway. Has anyone else ever been in these cabins? Are they very noisy on port days? It is probably too late to switch cabins, since we reserved these a year ago, but it would be nice to know what to expect.

Thanks

Maria

I was in the forward section of deck 2, which is over a gangway as well, though I think it may have been for crew or supplies, not sure. There was some noise but I think I would have slept right through it if I had been asleep. The rear section of two is convenient because you can easily use the stairs getting on and off the ship. Contrary to the floorplans, you can't walk from one end to the other on that deck, unless the crew leaves a crew only passage unlocked. We had quite the time trying to figure this all out when we arrived on VOS last year.

We had cabins located near that forward gangway, and we never heard anything. When we stopped in Jamaica it was fun to watch the Jamaican crew members bringing ashore their Walmart purchases from Miami - bales of pampers, etc. I have no idea how they fit that stuff in their cabins!

Thank you all for your responses. I'm sure it will be OK. We originally picked these cabins due to their proximity to the rear elevators....it seems that many of the venues we'll be going to are in or near the aft. The convenience of the location will probably make up for the few mornings of inconvenience from noise.

Hey there Maria...how are you doing???? It's Judi from Ligonier, PA here!!! Are you getting excited???? I sure am.

We have just two social functions to get thru before the cruise. It has been a summer of 7 weddings, 1 graduation, 1 going away party, 1 master's degree grad party.....etc.....etc....!!

With each one passing we get closer and closer to sailing. We have a church picnic this Sunday and it was like the ultimate to getting clear with "need to do things" so that we can now start packing and getting ready to go.

I told everyone that I did not want bothered in Sept. as Have packing and getting ready to do.

Can't wait!!

Judi and Steve

Archived