Mariner Ship time verse Cozumel

vesw01

We have reservations for the Dolphin Enounter directly with the company - it is for 330p Cozumel time. The program is also 1 hour long which would be over 430pm Cozumel time - ship sails at 7pm....should we be ok...

What is the time difference or does the Mariner adjust to land time?

When we were on the Mariner in July, they did not adjust time. Cozumel is one hour behind. So 4:30 Cozumel time would be 5:30 ship's time. Lots of taxis waiting at Chankanaab, and it's only about a 10-minute ride. Just don't dally. If you're concerned about the time, contact them and see if they can put you with an earlier group. Also, you might want to consider spending the day at Chankanaab, it's really quite nice.

Always stay on ship time. The ship does not change times when passing through time zones.

Actually, not really. There have been times (forgive the pun) when we've been on a cruise, and the ships clocks **HAVE** been changed. We're notified the night before to adjust our watches accordingly.

I'm not sure what the criteria is, or whether it's "Captain's Discretion", but about 1/2 of our cruises the ship has adjusted their clocks depending on local time in port.

Michael

Definitely Captain's Discretion... Makes booking private excursions a bit more of a challenge... It would be OK if they agreed to Always post the Arrival and Departure Times on the Web Pages consistently and then put a disclaimer like 'Observed Local Ships time may vary etc...'

We did this about a month ago on Enchantment with the 3:30 reservation and the ship leaving at 7. There was no problem at all. We docked at the southern-most international pier and that was, at most, a 10 minute taxi ride to the national park. The best part was that I suppose everyone else had made morning and early afternoon reservations because there were only the 3 of us plus one other couple in the group! They allocate 2 dolphins to a group of 10 in the royal dolphin swim. It was something I'll never forget!

• 2 weeks later...

I just found Compasses from April 2007 Enchantment on cruisedailies.com that indicate that the ship makes a time adjustment leaving Key West -- moving back an hour which would put the ship on Cozumel time, and then moving forward an hour, putting the ship on Eastern time again leaving Cozumel. RCCL told me that the ship would NOT change times, and that a 10 am docking would be Eastern Time, not Cozumel time.

Does anyone know for certain what we should expect regarding the time situation in Cozumel this fall?

We just returned from the Mariner 08/26 cruise. We were told to always stay on ship time which was one hour ahead of port time. In Jamaica two people were left behind at the pier. I imagine they were shopping and looked at the clocks in the shops thinking they had plenty of time. They were running down the dock as the ship pulled out. Fortunately, the shore manager was able to put them on a small boat and they were taken out to the ship at sea. When asked why he left them the Captain explained that he must leave when ordered and cannot return to the dock. He again advised us to keep our clocks on ship's time. My daughter and her family had reservations with the private operator to swim with the dolphins at 3:30pm port time which was 4:30 ship time. They were advised to change to an earlier time. Although it cost a little more they booked at 12:30 and had plenty of time to return to the ship. They said the experience was incredible! Have a wonderful cruise!

Archived