Questions About The Miracle...

WEDOFISH

We are thinking about booking the Miracle for 6/05 to help friends celebrate their 50th anniversary. We are seasoned cruisers but have not sailed on Carnival, so we have many questions.

We want a balcony - there are so many categories! what do we want without spending a fortune?

I am a picky eater - can Iorder things w/o sauce, gravies etc?

What are the dining options? Are there informal options during the day? Is there a grill with burgers etc at lunchtime?

Is there a frig in the balcony rooms?

Can we bring our own sodas and beer if we are unobtrusive about it?

If the price goes down will we get the discount in shipboard credit?

Does carnival offer something extra to stockholders?

Sorry for so many questions, but we always like to be prepared.

Thanks in advance!

We have sailed on both the Spirt and Pride. We're sailing the Miracle in January. The Miracle is a Spirt class ship so the layouts are the same. We always get a Category 8B cabin. This is a balcony cabin. We prefer the Empress deck. This puts a deck of cabins above and a deck of cabins below so there is no nightclub, resturant, etc noise to contend with. We prefer cabin 6262 at the stern of the ship.

There is a mini fridge in the cabin that you can have the steward empty for storing your items you want to keep cold. We take a collapseable cooler for that purpose and have the steward keep it filled with ice.

We always take soda, beer, alcohol on board. We simply pack it in the checked luggage and have never had a problem.

I would imagine, but don't know for sure, that you could ask the waiter to have sauces, gravies, etc left off.

As far as stockholder discounts, I couldn't answer that one. I'm sure there is someone out there who knows the answer to that one.

There are numerous infromal dining options available for all meals. There is a deli (which is great by the way), the buffet in Horatio's, the grill by the pool on th Lido deck and Pizza is served 24 hours per day .

I was on the Miracle for the July 10th 7 Bahamas, This was my first cruise ever and I had a great time

1. Book a Balcony Guaranty - 80% of the room have a balcony, I guaranteed an 8a but was upgraded to an 8H - MId ship

2. No problem -the wait staff was great

3. I think early was 6:00 pm (?) I had late seating at 8:15 PM

4. Yes

5. Yes, Ibrought on smoe liquid libations, with no problem although I put in in my checked luggage and did not carry it on with me

Go ahn have a great time

We sailed on the Miracle in July and had category 8A which is the lowest price balcony that DOES NOT have an obstructed view. We were in cabins 4158 & 4160. These were great! Right by the atrium elevators so there were no loooong hallways to walk to get to our room. No noise from the elevators at all. I would stay in these same cabins again if I had the chance. The mini frig was OK, but not that cold. We emptied it to put our own soda and water in...no problem with that.

On the Lido deck there is buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner if you don't want to go to the main restaurant. There is also a grill with burgers, hot dogs, french fries all afternoon. The food was plentiful and we always found something we liked (and my kids are picky eaters).

If the price goes down you have to watch for it yourself and get in touch with Carnival (if you book direct) or your TA. We got several price reductions and 2 shipboard credits due to price drops.

We had our best vacation ever on the Miracle. If you have the chance to go, I highly recommend it!

Jen

Thanks for the quick replies!

One more question - what is the earliest time you can board? I know the cruise line says 1:30, but most lines allow boarding at 11 a.m. How about Carnival?

I am hoping someone will also answer the ?? about the stockholder option.

Thanks!

Not a current stockholder, but previous threads have mentioned a $100. per cabin discount for stockholders.. just fax proof of ownership to Carnival!

I also believe that there is a minimum of 100 shares to qualify!

Unless you would be happy with any possible balcony assignment, do NOT book a guarantee. Other than location and balcony style, all balcony cabins are identical. The problem is that there are a substantial number of balcony cabins with partially or fully uncovered balconies. Also, while some people like the aft cabins, I do not (too noisy and dirty, and most are uncovered).

I just book an 8A on the Spirit class ships (including Miracle), as the best solution.

Hi Wedofish(M&C),

We note that you will be trying the Carnival in 2005?

We went on the 'Inspiration' a couple of yrs ago, but were left 'un-inspired' IMHO. Too many smokers abroad and ship very glitzzy and colorful - Vegas style.........however Carnival prices can't be beaten. By all means please give them a try but 7 days should be enough. Their Pool burgers are yummy though, but avoid the Funnel deck ~ topless sunbathers gather there!

We are doing the Med.with RCI Splendour this Fall with mom and a group of friends and other CC members from USA and it should be fun. Will come over to Fla.again in X'mas for WDW and a short 4 day cruise with Majesty.

Happy sailing to the gang.

j33(J&J)

Thanks for all the info!

I hadn't thought about covered vs uncovered! We jad a balcony on Celebrity and it was covered, so we could sit out and not worry about the sun. Now I will have to investigate that issue!

Hey J...do you think we might some day choose the same cruise again?

This Miracle cruise is not ours to choose, so we will go with the flow - the price is not great however. We will pay almost the same price for 7 days on carnival that we pay for 14 days on Celebrity! Keep those jokes etc coming!

There are very few oceanviews on Miracle so if you book an oceanview guarantee this early more then likely you will get a balcony. We booked a balcony guarantee 8A and ended up with an 8E an extended balcony on the empress deck-which was the perfect spot-3 decks below the lido and 4 decks above the dinning room and most of the lounges. We did not have a lounge chair on the balcony though-just 2 reg. chairs and a small table.

I thought we had a really nice cabin-about the same size as the oceanviews on HAL ships so considerably bigger then oceansviews and inside cabins on Carnival's fanasty class ships which as you know are a decent size when you compare them to RCCL and Princess which are smaller. I did not like the bathroom though. It was smaller then the fanasty class ships have even in their inside cabins. The old joke about soaping the walls in the shower and spinning around really fit for the bathroom.

Any time you dine out whether in a restaurant or a cruise ship, I always ask for the gravy/sauces on the side, just ask to have that placed on the side. When I order steak which may have melted butter sauce or something on the top, I simply ask for it plain. :)

Hi OhioBeachBum,

Please don't forget your camera and autograph book! Normally the ships dancers hang out up there. Don't ask me how I know! LOL!

Hi Wedofish (M),

We are sure that we will meet up again in the near future. We are looking into Hawaii with 'X' or RCI towards next Fall, 2005. Where are you and the gang off to next, after a 'Carnival' ?

Cheeeeeers............from across the pond.

j33

As far as the stockholder credit, I've used it several times and you can also use it on the other lines that are owned by Carnival. You have to own 100 shares and get $100 for a 7 days sailing, $50 for 6 or less days and $250 for 14 days or longer. Either you or your travel agent can fax proof of ownership to Carnival.

My Wife, Son and family are cruising Miracle in January as well. We are gathering great information on the boards as always before a cruise. We have learned so much good stuff on the boards. Can anyone confirm that Miracle has a coin opertated laundry room per deck?

Thanks

Archived