How does the car/limo service find you after you disembark?

Paleochick

I've never used a car service post cruise before...usually just the cruise transfers. Since we'll have 2 kids and all their gear with us (car seats, stroller, extra luggage, etc.), plus extra luggage since we'll be in the Miami area for a week pre-cruise, we are considering using a car service.

• How do we find them after disembarking at Port Everglades?
  • Our flight doesn't leave until 2pm from FLL. What time should I give the car service for our meeting time? I would imagine our number will be called late in the disembark-game, but it's impossible to know what time. I would imagine the limo drivers are used to that sort of thing. How do they handle it?
  • What's a reasonable price to pay to FLL?
  • Do you think this is a good idea? Would it be more convenient to walk to the curb and grab a cab (a LARGE cab)?

Thanks for your help!:)

Generally when using a car service, the driver will hold up a placard with your last name on it in the first available public reception area. In an airport that would be in baggage claim. In a cruise terminal that would be just beyond customs inspection.

You will need to be at FLL at noon so your driver should pick you up at 11:50. The airport is practically next to the cruise terminal.

Frankly I'd skip the car service and just take cabs. The published cab fare is only about $10. If you need two or more cabs, so what? You can go when you are finally off the ship and don't need to be bothered. The cabs will be lined up outside the terminal. If it wasn't for the luggage you could almost walk from Port Everglades to FLL.

I took this picture of our relatives' flight landing at FLL from the deck of the Carnival Legend. I know it was their flight because it was the only USAir flight due at that time, and they called us a few minutes later when they were on the ground. FLL is literally next door.

1497976988080888825S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived