Emerald Princess mini-suite choice

mnmarkne

1st time cruisers looking for answers. Really love this website, so much information. SOMEWHERE on the website..now I can't find it again, people were saying the mini-suites E730 and E731 had extended covered balconies, and were really worth it. Now I the only information I can find is for E730 on the Emerald Deck on the Caribbean Princess. I have found the Emerald Princess and the Crown Princess are sister ships, is the layout of the Caribbean Princess the same as the Emerald and Crown? Do the mini-suites E730 and E731 on the Emerald Princess have extended covered balconies? I have gone to the Princess Cruise Line website without finding answers. My 1st time travel agent (AAA), called the cruise line and they insisted those rooms do not have extended balconies, and that they were both booked anyway. My travel agent also said, rooms that far aft are terrible, and she would never recommend them to anyone. Too much ship motion, too much engine noise, and it's a 10-minute walk to everything. She felt the 10-minute walk was a deal killer regardless of anything else. Today I check the Princess website and find that E730 is available?? I have read the bit about the rooms being above the Fusion Club, and we can live with that? So, do I book it before it's really gone, or is my travel agent right?

Hi,

I have the same problem as you. I am looking at a PS on the Emerald for next July but all the ship has left are the AFT cabins. My travel agent said that the motion isn't bad in Europe and the AFT cabins have less wind on the balcony but I am worried about the walk as I am traveling with my daughter.

Shannon

Hi,

I have the same problem as you. I am looking at a PS on the Emerald for next July but all the ship has left are the AFT cabins. My travel agent said that the motion isn't bad in Europe and the AFT cabins have less wind on the balcony but I am worried about the walk as I am traveling with my daughter.

Shannon

Well, the kids club can only be reached by the aft elevators, so you'll be in a perfect position to whisk her right up there to take part in the evening activities.

Book it asap. We had E731 on Caribbean Princess the last two years in a row. And just booked E730 on the Ruby for next year. They are the best. Huge balcony and private. It is a longer walk but it is so quite back there. No one running up and down the halls. You do hear the engine alittle bit leaving and coming into port but it was not bad at all. I will always try to get either of those two cabins. Love it.

Dawn

We had the same problem with our schuduled cruise on the Enerald. Both my TA and I were told repeatly by Princess there were no covered balconies. After reading the boards and found someone who was so kind as to send a picture we went to the higher authories and got downgraded from Dolphin mini to Emerald. They also gave us wrong information on several other issues. As for the back of the ship we were on one on the Celebrity last Jan. and loved it. Don't believe everything they tell you.

Thanks for everyone's help. Booked mini-suite, E730 on the Emerald Princess for May 09 cruise, E731 was already taken. YAHOO!!! A 2nd TA and Princess again insisted these room are the same as all the others. There was a problems booking the room for a while? It was available, then it wasn't, then it was. Resisted attempts to take another room that was "easier" to book. Others in our group were a bit shocked we booked "so early". Being a 1st timer, don't have a good understanding of how early, early is. We went with cruisesonly.com, and this cruise was too far in the future to be on their website yet, so had to call and talk to someone, which I prefer anyway. The AAA cruise person we talked to, thought we were a bit early, and should wait a while for all the cruise lines to post their 09 cruises. This is for our 30th anniversary, so the date range was set, and choices few, but excited with what we found. If we had waited, fear we wouldn't have gotten the room we did.

Whilst we have only been on the Diamond there is a similar set up - I personally think the location is super - one flight of stairs down and you are on promenade deck and at the entrance of club fusion, a further flight down and you are at the Dining Room which can be hard for some people to find, and as someone else said near the elevators or stairs that you need to take to get to the kids club!!!

Archived