Buying Champagne in St. Martin?

If you're just looking for Dom or Veuve Clicquot, you'll find some offerings in the duty free liquor shops along Front Street.

For Roederer or Krug, you may have to visit Vinissimo in Marigot, or Select, on the Dutch side, but on the road to and near Marigot.

You might also try the Philipsburg Liquor Store, just outside the main gates (and to the right) of the Cruise Facility.

Anyway, the REAL stuff is available.

gary

There are two sides to the Island, Sint Maarten is part of the Netherland Antilles and St-Martin which is part of Guadaloupe and therefore part of France.

There are number of stores in Sint Maarten that sell alcohol, but ensure that you check the prices from store to store carefully. Also, you can ask for the supermarket, the biggest is Le Grande Marche, Food Center and Food World and there is also Cost-U-Less, which is like a Costco.

In St-Martin, your best bet is probably US Match, Supermarche Champion or Match in Marigot.

I think I got their names right, but I could be wrong. Just ask the tourist office, they will be glad to help.

On the French side, don't expect to be paying €0.50 for a box of table wine, but they do have a really nice selection of excellent wine. We bought a few bottles of wine that we can't easily get in Quebec when we were there. Since I'm not into champagne, I really don't know the prices, sorry.

I have purchased many, many bottles of absolutely drop-dead French wines and champagnes from Sylvain and Marina at Select Wine Cellar on Simpson Lagoon. Check out their price list for ideas.

And by the way, here is my favorite and their product line compares very nicely:

Taittinger.gif

Archived