Tipping

Napi's Mom

As the only tipping guide listed for Quest for our upcoming Panama Canal Cruise 12/8, is the regular one for Celebrity, it really doesn't seem applicable to the open seating etc. On Oceanias' Nautica we paid a set daily amount, and all tips were paid from this amount (except the bartender/server of alcohol). I was reading the review listed here, and it seems that this is also the policy of Azamara, but what IS the daily amount that is "suggested". You few past passengers have this answer for me:confused:

Following is the finalized information regarding gratuities for Azamara Journey & Azamara Quest. This is exactly how it will be published in the Directory of Services onboard:

"For your convenience, we will automatically charge your gratuities to your SeaPassSM Account at the end of your cruise. Based on the industry norm, we recommend a daily rate of $12.25 per person. This covers all Service Personnel including the waiters and head waiters who look after you in the dining rooms, housekeeping staff, your Butler and Stateroom Attendants.

Please note that bar/wine personnel are acknowledged with the standard 15% of the beverages and wines billed for the service rendered.

We understand, however, that tipping is a personal option, so if you wish to adjust the amount, please contact Guest Relations who will be happy to assist you."

Gratuities are broken out as:

Housekeeping Gratuities: $5.00

Dining Room Gratuities: $7.25

Total: $12.25

Following is the finalized information regarding gratuities for Azamara Journey & Azamara Quest. This is exactly how it will be published in the Directory of Services onboard:

"For your convenience, we will automatically charge your gratuities to your SeaPassSM Account at the end of your cruise. Based on the industry norm, we recommend a daily rate of $12.25 per person. This covers all Service Personnel including the waiters and head waiters who look after you in the dining rooms, housekeeping staff, your Butler and Stateroom Attendants.

Please note that bar/wine personnel are acknowledged with the standard 15% of the beverages and wines billed for the service rendered.

We understand, however, that tipping is a personal option, so if you wish to adjust the amount, please contact Guest Relations who will be happy to assist you."

Gratuities are broken out as:

Housekeeping Gratuities: $5.00

Dining Room Gratuities: $7.25

Total: $12.25

Interesting, that works out to $343.00 for our upcoming 14night cruise in January........:)

I will try and remember to look at my breakdown charges for this trip. I booked directly with Celebrity, on line and when I paid for the cruise, it asked me if I wanted tips calculated in at that time and I said yes, so this has all been paid for in advance of the trip. It does seem like it was $12.00 per day.

Carol

I will try and remember to look at my breakdown charges for this trip. I booked directly with Celebrity, on line and when I paid for the cruise, it asked me if I wanted tips calculated in at that time and I said yes, so this has all been paid for in advance of the trip. It does seem like it was $12.00 per day.

Carol

Azamara changed the rules recently so people should not be given the option to prepay the grats - they want them to go automatically on the tab at the end of the cruise as I posted above. I wonder if people like you who have prepaid will have them taken off/refunded [so you can pay again] or whether they will just leave it - just make sure you are not charged twice!

Archived