zip cording in jamaica

buggsie10

we will be on the Liberty in October and looking to do some zip cording in jamaica. the tours from the boat are so expensive. anyone with some past experience,that can make a recommendation, would be greatly appreciated. so glad jamaica came out of the storm ok. its a great island. OCTOBER cant come soon enough.:)

I have researched this quite alot. The only zipline I could find said they only book cruise passengers thru the cruise ship. :mad: Sorry, I know this isn't what you wanted to hear.:( But we ended up booking through the ship. If anyone wlse knows differently let us know.

I was also looking for someway to do a zip line w/o going through the ship. Someone told me to email info@barrettadventures.com and they did send me info that they had a new zip line available. I put a request out there on the thread to see if anyone ever did it and only heard from people with positive things to say about Barrett Adventures but no one who had personally done the zip line. Their website is barrettadventures.com but they don't have zip line information on it but it was in the info brochure they emailed me. Of course, I can't seem to find it now. We are not going until January so I had taken a little time off from the research and hadn't looked anymore lately.

Island Marketing has a combination zipline/atv tour for $80/pp but it doesn't appear to be the same zipline as the Orginal Canopy Tour offered through the ship (RCI for me). I'm probably going to end up booking through the ship but you're right, it's expensive, $282 for three of us, I sure hope it's worth it!!

I saw on the ChukkaCaribbean site that they have buy one get one specials right now. However, it also says cruise passengers must book through their ship. What a rip off! If I knew how to get there without taking the cruise ship bus, I'd book directly with Chukka and get there myself. Now . . . who knows where to go to get on the zip line tour with Chukka in Montego Bay?

It's a good ways up in the mountains and then down a dirt road into the jungle. I couldn't even begin to tell you where it was. It took us 30 minutes or so to get there. The drive is through a very impoverished area and not very scenic but the area of the jungle we zip lined in was far enough away from the roads that it was nice.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone considering the Mobay Zipline tour, I did some checking and found the supplier for the cruiseline and they appear to be the only game in town and it says if you are on a cruise ship you have to book through the cruiseline.

http://www.viator.com/tours/Montego-...432-3991MB_CAN

Book and travel between 1 September and 31 October 2007, and get 2 for 1! - BOOK NOW!

However, booking directly with this outfit is only $80 as compared with Carnival's rate of $106 for the same outfit. PLUS - the tour company is currently running a 2 for 1 special so you go for $40 per person if you book 2. They will pick you up at your hotel. I suppose you could find the nearest hotel and give them that info at booking, then take a cab to the hotel. That would be quite a savings for 2 people- $80 plus cab instead of $212. That's $132 savings! But you have to book at least 2. If you were ever interested in doing a zipline, I have never seen them this cheap so now may be the time to do it at this price!

Anyone know the hotel closest to the pier?

If you guys are docked in Ocho Rios give Kevin Brown a call. 1-876-886-0656. He works for Chukka Tours which has the canopy tour. He was our tour guide from our Hotel. It cost us $80 per person. He also came and picked us up at our hotel after he got off work at Chukka. He has a tour guide service on the side and is the most fun person you could ever hang out with and we totally felt safe. If you give him a call if he cant help you he can give you all of the info you want. Please tell him that Brian and Sue Ann from Oklahoma said hi.

Archived