Itinerary Changes- Costa Maya

faeriechick

Does anyone have any advice on "must do's" in Progresso and Key West? Due to the change, just looking for fun things to do as I leave in the morning!!

Stay on the ship:D .

Key west has many small shops,a museum,aquarium,and even a Ripleys.

I don't like progresso,so I won't comment.

Not half as obnoxious as the person who told me that Key West was not a good place for children, because "people are holding hands there that shouldn't be holding hands."

:rolleyes: :mad:

I want to take people like that and throttle them. In front of my own children. Argh.

I want to take people like that and throttle them. In front of my own children. Argh.

Yeah, I think he could tell after he made that statement that I pretty much had no sympathy for him. He also mentioned the fact that there are a lot of drunk people at Key West. Because, you know, people don't drink on the ship or anything...... :rolleyes:

Wait,

I can ask for and possibly get an upgrade for the "inconvenience" of the re-routed ports? hmmm

Forgive me for sounding bitter, but....YOU did schedule a cruise during hurricane season. Hurricanes are NOT new to the area. Why should Carnival upgrade you for your "inconvenience"? Don't know, maybe it is just me; but I understand if a hurricane hits and my ports change.

Bill

Does anyone have any advice on "must do's" in Progresso and Key West? Due to the change, just looking for fun things to do as I leave in the morning!!

I visited Uxmal when we were in Progreso once. It was pretty cool if you like Mayan Ruins. It is big, there are impressive structures and a lot of ornate stone frieze work. The guides were great and the bus was nice. It was hot, though, and I'd imagine you would want to bring some bug spray if you decide on something like this!

The excursion was booked onboard because the change to Progreso was last-minute, so when we got onboard (we were sailing on Elation) we went right across the lobby to the Excursions desk. It was closed, but there was be a wooden box and next to it were pencils and papers that both described the options available and papers that looked kind of like an order form. We picked what we wanted to do, indicated it on the order form and stuck it in the box. We lucked into doing this before the rest of the ship figured out they could and by the time we were done there was a loooong line of people trying to get the papers to request excursions. We sat at the lobby bar and did this. The excursion tix were delivered to the cabin the night prior to our arrival in Progreso.

Thus far, that's been my best experience there. I was not impressed by the beach or the water. It all depends on what you enjoy doing, really! Check out the Progreso ports of call board. There are some good suggestions there, usually. I've been there twice and if I have to do it again, I would go back to Uxmal because it is lesser known than Chichen Itza, but no less significant. There aren't throngs of tourists and it's pretty neat! Or I'd go to Merida.

Forgive me for sounding bitter, but....YOU did schedule a cruise during hurricane season. Hurricanes are NOT new to the area. Why should Carnival upgrade you for your "inconvenience"? Don't know, maybe it is just me; but I understand if a hurricane hits and my ports change.

Bill

yes I did

but

lets say the gas station was offering gas for a buck a gallon, they didn't advertise it, and you had to ask, to get that price, would you ask?

I'm happy to be going on a cruise at all, and if Carnival wants to offer the balcony cabin that someone else cancelled, I'm sure as heck going to ask for it.

Bill

Since I brought up the original question I figured I'd chime in.. I don't hold carnival responsible at all - but if people cancel due to the change (There were no rooms better than 8E when I booked just last week...) I'll happily upgrade (And even pay) to a higher category, but I'll ask for comp'd upgrade before I offer them money..

As I said in my original post, I tried, they said the boat was sold out and if there were cancellations I should try on Sunday, I may try one more time tomorrow just to make sure...

(And sorry, this is totally off topic.. )

Since I brought up the original question I figured I'd chime in.. I don't hold carnival responsible at all - but if people cancel due to the change (There were no rooms better than 8E when I booked just last week...) I'll happily upgrade (And even pay) to a higher category, but I'll ask for comp'd upgrade before I offer them money..

As I said in my original post, I tried, they said the boat was sold out and if there were cancellations I should try on Sunday, I may try one more time tomorrow just to make sure...

(And sorry, this is totally off topic.. )

exactly. It's not like I'm not gonna spend less money with Carnival if I get upgraded, heck I'm likely to spend more.

I thought reports out of Belize following the hurricane were pretty good?

What happens with excursions? Do they transfer over to the new port to a similar excursion? Or do we get a refund?

I'm on the Legend cruise on Sept. 9th-16th for my honeymoon. I will be completely bummed (but understanding) if Belize isn't back on the itinerary.

I checked the Carnival website and didn't see anything new, except for this weekend. We're on the Legend Nov. 4th and as much as I understand the situation (scrambling to find ports for so many ships), I have no desire to go to Jamaica or Key West. I'll keep checking the Carnival site and here of course for the lastest info. I don't trust my TA to find out and let me know within 24hrs.

What happens with excursions? Do they transfer over to the new port to a similar excursion? Or do we get a refund?

I'm on the Legend cruise on Sept. 9th-16th for my honeymoon. I will be completely bummed (but understanding) if Belize isn't back on the itinerary.

The unofficial word on the street is Belize still has some rough water and minor flooding but should be back in order next week. Hope it's true.

Can you give us a link to that part on CCL's site? I can't find it. I get the same stuff from the 17th when I look at the update section...:confused:

I can't even find the update section! There used to be a link on the homepage, but now it's gone - how do I get there?

Can you give us a link to that part on CCL's site? I can't find it. I get the same stuff from the 17th when I look at the update section...:confused:

I can't even find the update section! There used to be a link on the homepage, but now it's gone - how do I get there?

How many ships can be accomadated in Key West at a time?

I thought it was only 3.. where will the other ships be docked?

Where can i find information on where we are going next week

Come join us on the Legend role call for that cruise. We have around 60 to 70 CC people going. One couple is getting married on the ship before we leave. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=465256

Archived