Which tour guides do Dunn's River Falls as first stop?

4ever

We want to climb the falls asap, before all the crowds arrive! I have recently been reading reviews of tour guides doing the falls later in the day, we would like to do the falls first and then some sightseeing/tubing. Can you offer some advice on who we should tour with?

We used Ionie and Lewis McBeam and Lewis got us to the falls first thing. The climb was uncrowded and the scenery was beautiful (we watched the kids climb from the stairs)....I remember hearing this exotic bird, and looking all over the place for thing. Finally one of my kids told me it was the guide taking them up the falls! Lord, I'm getting old!! :) This same guide also took my 16-year old daughter and her friend off to one side and pointed out the biggest spider they had ever seen...They screamed like there was no tomorrow and I have it all on tape! LOL

We did the falls on the trip we just returned from and use Phil Lafayette based on the reviews I read here. We were very pleased with the tour. We were in the first gruop of people to climb the falls, we then did river tubing and sight seeing. We had a great time and would tell you to feel comfortable booking with Phil. He made us feel very welcome and told us alot about the area.

• 2 weeks later...

Just came back from the VOS 8/27 and we had Trevor Hudlin. We have three boys 18, 15 and 13. We went to the falls first he had the tickets prepaid and we took almost two hours. He told us we did not need a guide but when you went in the guides said you did. We went to the base of the falls and saw some people climbing with out a guide and that's what we did. Not on the side with the crowds but up the center and it was great. After the falls he took us for a tour around the rain forest and other spots. He explained a lot of the history and agriculture of the country. I can not say enough about him. He was the greatest guide; the boys still talk about the fun they had with him.

Archived