Corinthian II vs Endeavor vs Polar Star-any first hand knowledge?

winegirl

Ruby,

I'm starting to think I misspoke on the meeting time for our flight to Ushuaia. I'm such an early riser that 6:00 is sleeping in for me. My husband thinks it was at 8:00 that we meet for the flight.

Mary Z posted a good review of her trip on the Corinthian II in another thread. Mary pointed out the need for sun screen. YES! YES! YES! Sun screen is very necessary. We forgot to bring our sun screen, so we keep putting on the Oil of Olay with 15 SPF. At least we had that.

I never used the hot hands or feet packets I took. In general the air temperature was warmer than Long Island, NY was when we got back.

http://community.webshots.com/user/rongill49

I'm sending a link to our pictures. Probably more than you ever wanted to see, but Buenos Aires has pictures of the hotel. There are some pictures of the ship's interior under Ushuaia to Antartica.

Barbara

Mary Z posted a good review of her trip on the Corinthian II in another thread.

There are some pictures of the ship's interior under Ushuaia to Antartica.

Barbara

Thanks for the pix of your trip. I see that red parkas were not a requirement for the shorex so a big Whew! for that one. I will probably buy the red parka, bring it home, and give it to my son or daughter with a note reading, "My mom went to Antarctica and all I got was this lousy parka!" I enjoyed the pix of your shipboard cabin. I will be in Cabin 329 forward and your photos look a lot like that one. Which cabin did you have?

Where would I find Mary Z's review of your trip? If you don't feel comfortable posting the URL here, feel free to send it to me at sagaruby at verizon dot com. I searched and found Mary Z as a CCritic member but the only posts were in 2006 on a Boston-Bermuda thread.

Your information has been topnotch. Thanks!

Ruby

Ruby,

The red jackets are included in the price of your Antarctica trip. We have used our jackets this winter since we got home. We were very glad we got them. Some people (especially people from warm climates) left their jackets on board the ship as a donation to the needy in Ushuaia.

Below is another recent review of the Corinthian II

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=927736

Barbara

Ruby, Below is another recent review of the Corinthian II. Barbara

Gosh, my face is red! I have posted a note in that thread expressing my embarrassment about missing Mary Z's thread.

Both of you have kindly added a lot of colour to my anticipation of this Antarctica adventure and I appreciate the time it took each of you to pass along this marvelous information.

Ruby

Archived