Roll Call - Legend - 10/25/08-Nice-Ft. Lauderdale

howndder

Hello all,

Howard & Derek from sunny & beastly hot Ft. Lauderdale, home of the big-mouthed mayor, have just been confirmed on this fabulous cruise.

I know this is terribly early, but I had noticed several posters mention this cruise on another thread. So, I thought I would put it out there and see what happens.

We have been trying to work out another Seabourn cruise since our last trip this past April, where we met some very delightful "Legendery Cruisers", including our very own "Host Dan". Derek & I had a truly memorable crusie and we think we have found our dream cruise-line.

We look forward to meeting another wonderful group of travelers and getting to know each of you.

Howard

Hi Howard and Derek,

It is never too early to start a crossing roll call thread on Seabourn! :p I will be on the Malaga to FLL leg. Other die-hard Legendary crossing regulars have already booked this one (or at least the TA segment) as well. I think you will really enjoy the westbound crossing as I always tell folks that you get 5 hours or a half day of extra daylight by sailing through those time zones while following the sun. And if history from the last 5 years repeats itself, it will be sunny and smooth sailing! :D

Do not be surprised if you see familiar faces as some crossers sail both ways! I look forward to meeting you both. BonVoyage! :)

Hi Paul and thank you for your kind words. We too will look forward to meeting you. This will be our 15th trans-atlantic and the 3rd on Seabourn.I think we have an equal number of East/West crossings.

We are in the early stages of bookings for 2009 and have the "Odyssey" in our scope. I for one am really looking forward to the new build because of the space such a ship will bring and all those delicious balconies. I also think that 450 passengers should be just the right amount. Don't get me wrong, I love the tripletts. But having the extra space will allow the cruiseline to add more public spaces.

By the number of views this thread has had already and the fact that I think we got the last A1 category, should make this a true sell-out.

Well, only 17 months to go. Happy sailing and best regards,

Howard

• 2 weeks later...

Well we can add 1 more to our little group as my partners mom has decided to go. She'll be celebrating her 89th year and having wanted to try one of the triplettes, this will be perfect for her. Her only experience on Seabourn was the "Sun" which really wasn't up to Seabourns high standards.

Howard

Archived