NCL site & it's problems....

okfarmerswife

Many have reported problems with NCL's site and in fact it is down again this morning "fixing problems". I was however, successful with my preregistration last night but it was a hassle. I had to clear my cookies each time I navigated to the next page in order for it to go through. Thought I'd pass that along in case someone else wants to try.....when the site's back up anyway.

NCL recently fired its IT VP and hired a new one. He has added some features already. I would give him a bit more time to fix the bugs.

I am tempted to be unkind with an "Hallelujah" or something of that sort. (I guess I just was). I know it is an incredibly complex undertaking, and I have nowhere near the skills or aptitudes to do one percent of what even an inept developer might accomplish, but so many times I have just sat there shaking my head at what has come up on my NCL computer interaction, especially with pricing. One example, I was booking a cruise. I was mildly satisfied with the price that came up and it was even one of the times that I could actually GET the price that came up on the first, all categories screen. During the booking process, a screen came up announcing that with the personal information that was entered, the system determined that I was eligible for a lower fare. Great. I didn't know if it was latitudes, or resident, or what, but I was glad to get the unexpected message. It also came up with a price breakdown screen with a new cruise fare that was $50 per person less that the quoted, expected fare that I was okay with. Upon ending the reservation, there was no record of the offered lower fare. I had the original fare. I called NCL, no lower price of any kind in existence for this sailing and category. No price like what was quoted in ANY category. No explanation of why there would be something inserted in the software to offer such a lower price, then retract it without explanation. I've dealt with bugs before, but that one.....just maddening and inconceivable how something like that would come about with logical development.

So, I am glad that there are changes going on. Hopefully a bit more down-time will make for a tight and efficient booking engine. That would be nice and I look forward to it!

When i was planning to book my cruise, I grew so frustrated with the NCL site. The navigation is horrible. What I mean by that is, say, when you choose a cabin category, there is no way to change to another cabin category without hitting the back button on your browser and then get an error and have to resubmit the data. Clearly the programming of the NCL site is behind the times as even TA websites have better navigation features than NCL.

Moreover, I recently posted in another thread about booking excursions. Specifically for my cruise, the ship is docked in Juneau for about 7 hours on 5/14, but if you try to reserve an excursion in Juneau, half the tours show up as 5/13 and the other half as 5/14. No way I will reserver my tour since it is showing up as the wrong date, even if it does list the correct port.

IMHO, pretty poor execution for such a large company. I hope a revamp is truely in the works. I saw no changes on the site resulting from the downtime of last weekend for the "overhaul."

I was getting errors when pre-registering because I don't have a home phone number. My cellular is also my home phone. So when I entered it twice, I was giving me the errors. I put in all ZEROES for my home phone and it finally worked! :D

Archived