Questions: Boarding, Palo, Port Calls, Our Cabin, Spa and Salon

HisChildBeth

Boarding:

What deck are we on when we Board?

What is involved/how long does it take to get checked on-board?

Palo Questions:

I saw a post where it said to go directly to Rockin D/Wavebands to try to get a Palo reservation when you get on board. I went on the virtual ship tour and saw that most of the eating establishments are on Deck 3 including the Rockin D/Wavebands.

Is this the correct place to go because there is also a Guest Services Desk close to there?

Is there a desk for Palo reservations?

Despite reading everything I can find, I still can't figure out which night to try to get a reservation at Palo. I read the article on dining and could not figure out what they were talking about with the dining room menus being the same or changing, etc. I'm a bit lame. I know that we don't want to book Palo for the first or last night, because of arrival and departure parties. Also you don't want to book Palo for Pirate night which is the 3rd night, Monday, or the first port of call night which is St. Martin.

Have I got that much right so far?

Of course I don't want to miss anything cool in the restaurants so I'm trying to figure out which night to do Palo -- Nights Not to Try - Saturday, Monday, Friday. That leaves -- Nights to Try -- Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. How do you tell in the rotation of the restaurants which is the best of these 4 days to try to get a Palo dinner reservation on?

Now brunch at Palo is much easier because you just have to miss port days which are Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. Correct?

What is the dress code for Palo brunch?

My head is spinning trying to figure all of this out.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Port Calls

I am physically challenged, but I'm not in a wheelchair. Having "hidden disabilities" is so much fun. I have balance and spatial problems meaning I'm a klutz and I don't know where my body is in relation to other solid objects like people or walls or furniture. (Yes, of course I meant to step on you and shove you into the wall before I fell down. Thats only on a really bad day.) Thank you nerve damage.

If we are at a dock with a ramp I can probably get up and down pretty well because my daughter will be with me and I might actually use my cane. Hate the thing! Are there any ports where we have to "tender" which I think means we get off the big boat onto a small boat tied up to the big boat and then the little boat takes us to the dock where I hope there is a ramp.

Is this correct about tendering or am I deluding myself? Do I have to climb a ladder to get on or off the boat? If I do I think I'll sell raffle tickets for charity to see if I get to shore wet or dry.

About Our Cabin:

We are in 7116:

What kind of verandah do we have?

What way does the furniture face - forward or aft?

Spa and Salon:

I found a teeny tiny scanned menu of services and prices for the spa on another site, but I haven't been able to find any list of services and prices for the salon:

Does a list exist?

Is it possible to make an appointment in advance?

Do they do makeup consultations?

And most important:

Has anyone used the salon and will tell what they had done and how well they liked it?

Can you tell I was in administrative work until I got ill? I don't make a list of every second and what we are going to do, but I do NOT like surprises because they can spoil a whole vacation. I'll probably think of more questions, but I'm done for now.

:D MUCH THANKS TO EVERYONE :D

I believe you board on deck 3, the ground floor of the atrium. You will be announced in a grand manner.

Check in is painless and quick. Do the online check in & bring the papers with you. You will stand in a line to hand over your paperwork and a credit card for room charges. They will hand you your room key, a map, and a boarding number. After that you'll have a seat in the terminal until your boarding number is called. The terminal is lovely and the characters make appearances. Next get ready to have your photo taken.

It's easiest to make online reservations for Palo. But yes Rockin D is the place to make reservations on the ship.

I would make reservations for dinner after the 3rd night, but not on pirate night. That way you'll get to experience all the restaurants themes.

Brunch is only served on sea days. Resort casual for brunch, no shorts.

On our eastern route, we were docked at all ports. The ramp to get off and on the ship is a fairly wide and gradual ramp. I don't think you'll have any difficulties. The are hand rails on both sides, with plenty of staff to assist you.

The spa has a huge menu of treatments. Yes, you can make reservations in advance. I would recommend the spa tour on the first day. They'll show you all the treatments the offer, and give you an opportunity to sign up then. Just a hint......treatments are offered at a discount on port days!!

From one administrator to another........you'll have the time of your LIFE!!!

Boarding:

What deck are we on when we Board?

What is involved/how long does it take to get checked on-board?

Palo Questions:

I saw a post where it said to go directly to Rockin D/Wavebands to try to get a Palo reservation when you get on board. I went on the virtual ship tour and saw that most of the eating establishments are on Deck 3 including the Rockin D/Wavebands.

Is this the correct place to go because there is also a Guest Services Desk close to there?

Is there a desk for Palo reservations?

Despite reading everything I can find, I still can't figure out which night to try to get a reservation at Palo. I read the article on dining and could not figure out what they were talking about with the dining room menus being the same or changing, etc. I'm a bit lame. I know that we don't want to book Palo for the first or last night, because of arrival and departure parties. Also you don't want to book Palo for Pirate night which is the 3rd night, Monday, or the first port of call night which is St. Martin.

Have I got that much right so far?

Of course I don't want to miss anything cool in the restaurants so I'm trying to figure out which night to do Palo -- Nights Not to Try - Saturday, Monday, Friday. That leaves -- Nights to Try -- Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. How do you tell in the rotation of the restaurants which is the best of these 4 days to try to get a Palo dinner reservation on?

Now brunch at Palo is much easier because you just have to miss port days which are Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. Correct?

What is the dress code for Palo brunch?

My head is spinning trying to figure all of this out.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Port Calls

I am physically challenged, but I'm not in a wheelchair. Having "hidden disabilities" is so much fun. I have balance and spatial problems meaning I'm a klutz and I don't know where my body is in relation to other solid objects like people or walls or furniture. (Yes, of course I meant to step on you and shove you into the wall before I fell down. Thats only on a really bad day.) Thank you nerve damage.

If we are at a dock with a ramp I can probably get up and down pretty well because my daughter will be with me and I might actually use my cane. Hate the thing! Are there any ports where we have to "tender" which I think means we get off the big boat onto a small boat tied up to the big boat and then the little boat takes us to the dock where I hope there is a ramp.

Is this correct about tendering or am I deluding myself? Do I have to climb a ladder to get on or off the boat? If I do I think I'll sell raffle tickets for charity to see if I get to shore wet or dry.

About Our Cabin:

We are in 7116:

What kind of verandah do we have?

What way does the furniture face - forward or aft?

Spa and Salon:

I found a teeny tiny scanned menu of services and prices for the spa on another site, but I haven't been able to find any list of services and prices for the salon:

Does a list exist?

Is it possible to make an appointment in advance?

Do they do makeup consultations?

And most important:

Has anyone used the salon and will tell what they had done and how well they liked it?

Can you tell I was in administrative work until I got ill? I don't make a list of every second and what we are going to do, but I do NOT like surprises because they can spoil a whole vacation. I'll probably think of more questions, but I'm done for now.

:D MUCH THANKS TO EVERYONE :D

Boy this is a lot of questions and I can help with a few.

You board on deck 3 and it is quick and easy. after you go through screening there is an escalator you go up, there is also an elevator you can use if needed. You are given a boarding pass number at that time.

At the top of the escalator will be some table where you walk up and and people will double check your paper work to make sure your all set, then they direct you over to the proper check in line.

They have lots of people working so lines are short and move quickly. Check in is about 10 minutes, depeending on how many are in your group.

The terminal opens at 10 but boarding starts around 11:30 to noon. There are lots of places to sit and watch cartoons or people while you wait. They will call your boarding number and you are off. it is a nice ramp onto the ship. you can go to your room at 1:30.

When you check in they will give you a paper that will explain to go to rock n bar D or wave bands and the time to make Palos reservations. Be there right when the time says for the best chances of getting a reservation. Plenty of people to help you.

I would choose thursday so not to miss the first night in each restaurant and pirates night.

I have tendered twice at St. Thomas. Once we had a short ramp on about 3 steps to get on the tender board. The other time was about 7 or 8 steps to get on it. But they do have CM's to help you by holding your hand or arm as you board, especiallly if they see you have a cane and have a problem. They wont rush you and they will help. same when you get off the tender boat. Just let them know you need an arm for balance.

sorry I dont know about the spa or salon, although I did over hear a couple of ladies on formal night discussing how pleased they were with the hair stying they had done and the manicure they had gotton.

hope this helps you some, I'm sure others will be able to help you where I couldnt.

You will be happy to know that the hallways do have rails to grab for balance as you walk down them which should help you.

mom x4,grandma x4

Archived