Royal double points..NOT! Help

Hi , I just received my Royal Visa statement. I had paid the balance of our upcoming cruise using my Royal card. This was paid on the phone with a Royal rep. I recived my statement today and it is listed as "Celebrity Cruises,Fl." No mention of Royal or Liberty of the Seas, thus, no double points! I went on the web that advertises for the card, and it said to earn double points the words Royal Caribbean or the name of the ship must appear on the bill!! I rellay dont think this is fair. Does anyone know who I should call? This is a matter of 4,000.00 points.We were just 30,000 points away form the free cruise when they raised the points needed to 150,000. Every point counts. Thanks in advance.

There have been several threads on this subject. RCCL was having some sort of computer glitch (imagine that?! :rolleyes:) and it caused purchases (and cancellations, hehe! :D) to post as Celebrity for a couple of weeks or so.

You need to contact C&A (if you're a member) or RCCL to get it straightened out. BOA will not be able to help you. It's an RCCL issue.

People have been posting that they are getting the double points but some have had to stay on top of it more than others.

Good luck!

ETA:

One of the original threads: RCCL Visa - Double Points Listed as "Celebrity Cruises"

The latest: Update on MBNA Visa and double points

Yes, check previous posts on this subject.

When I called C&A they were very helpful and finally called me back to tell me it was all straightened out.

WELL, our statement arrived a week later and NO double points. Called them back again, and they told me it might take up to 3 weeks to show up. We'll see...:rolleyes:

I can't believe I actually lucked out on this little glitch. Usually my luck runs the other direction. :p

I cancelled some excursions and a deposit for nearly $600. Posted as Celebrity. Just a few days later I made final payment on our upcoming Mediterranean cruise and it posted as RCCL.

Got double points for the final payment, single point deduction for the cancellation. hehe! :D

I definitely won't be calling to notify them. :cool:

I just had this happen this week. I called C&A and they were aware of this happening and she took info and said she would take care of it. She called back 2 days later to say everything was all set and the points should show on my next bill. That won't be for another 30 days so we will see.

I probably would not have realized this and looked at the points if it had not for reading these boards and being made aware of what was happening. I say thank you again for all your info.

Archived