upsell on pearl

tundragirl

Just offered upsell from af to ac penthouse for 350.00 pp is this worth it:rolleyes:

We paid $700 pp on the POH for an AF to AA and I was told it was worth it. So I'm sure yours is also. Do a search on the forum and see what others paid for something similar. In most cases I thought ours was fair for what we get for extras and the room size.:)

This is the same offer my brother and I received a couple of weeks back for the 9/9 sailing of the Pearl. We both took it. We've had a suite once before and it was wonderful. So if you want to experience a suite, this is a great price. I recommend doing it unless you have a concern about spending the money.

I think it will be windy when the ship is cruising. But when in port and doing glacier bay I think it will be fine. It's a big balcony and I've heard the wind isn't so bad at the back part of the balcony. Just have to wait and experience it I guess.

Hard to say what it's worth to you.

I say that because some people pay FULL PRICE for an AC and would not bother with anything less. There are many many others that only book inside cabins and would not even pay $100 to go to an oceanview.

It all comes down to what value you put on the extra sq footage and perks. Some people would gladly spend the money. Others would not.

There are some on these boards that would always say "go for the penthouse/suite". In reality, very few do. If you look at the number of penthouse or full suites on the ship and the fact that there are not sold out, it means most people have decided the money is not worth it.

Personally, if I could get it at a discount I would go for it.

As to what perks you get and some more info, do a search on penthouse or suite.

Think my husband and I will take this upgrade have 2 other couples going with us we should all be able to fit on balcony, to watch glacier bay:D

Just curious whether or not they made you an offer based on the type of reservation you had (Direct through NCL or with a travel agent)? Needless to say, I'm crossing my fingers I get a call on my 2 sailings, which are later in the month than yours.

Enjoy your Penthouse! I know I would. :)

We booked directly thru ncl and were not offered upsell until about 2 weeks before cruise, already had luggage tags for mini suite so really did not think we would get upsell, when called to confirm ac there were none available so they offered AD romance suite on deck 10 aft for 50.00 less, so that is where we will be.

We booked directly thru ncl and were not offered upsell until about 2 weeks before cruise, already had luggage tags for mini suite so really did not think we would get upsell, when called to confirm ac there were none available so they offered AD romance suite on deck 10 aft for 50.00 less, so that is where we will be.

IMO, you got a great deal on the AD (which we would also MUCH prefer over the AC on this ship design). Enjoy.

garycarla is right though that in the end, you are the only ones who can decide on whether it's good value for the money for you. We can only give you our personal experiences and preferences. I hope you have a fantastic cruise and love every minute.

beachchick

Archived