Home

.First thank you Mac and Trudy and Getmeaway for time spent with mum and I on the cruise also to the CC I meet at breaky this morning.

Well did we have some weather on the last couple of days but those from the Sunshine Coast to the Gold Coast know as I believe you have had a rough few days too.

I will post my review after tea as the dinner call has just sounded:D

Mum said here's your dinner

I think about 10,000 people are very interested to here how the old girl (Pacific Star) is fairing. That's all those cruising on the Star before she leaves the P&O fleet. :p Enjoy your dinner, it probably wasn't too enjoyable for the last day or so on the Star :rolleyes:

Welcome home, can't wait to hear how things went, I have to say I am very nervous, considering the star, the weather, and the first cruise:eek: :eek: But just the same, I CAN'T WAIT EITHER:eek: :D :cool:

.First thank you Mac and Trudy and Getmeaway for time spent with mum and I on the cruise also to the CC I meet at breaky this morning.

Well did we have some weather on the last couple of days but those from the Sunshine Coast to the Gold Coast know as I believe you have had a rough few days too.

Hi Frog,

Thanks for that - it was lovely to meet you two too. And of course the lovely getmeaway and her entourage as well. My DW Trudy (yes - TRudy) thought THIS was the dear old STAR's last cruise, it was shuddering so much during the storm (gale). We will add our bit later, when we have recovered a bit.

It was also fantastic to see the dear people who saw us off - will add a bit in that thread later too. (Super video Jo Minx!!)

Catch up later

Mac (37) and Trudy

Suey picked us up at 0800,First task to put in our cases(great they are on ) that must mean we are going.

Mum go's on in a wheelchair as standing causes her pain and I get to get on with her.The girl said we could get straight on but that did not seem fair to Suey so we declined at that time and had coffee with Suey.

Then I started looking for Mac and Trudy but of-course I found the wrong couple :confused: Decided to wait until the appointed meeting Sunday.

Then I spotted one of our guest entertainers Mike Harris that means the fight for my favourite poker machine was on, as it is his too.

We ordered our coffee and waited 35 mins talk about slow and it was not that good.

Coffee drunk mum and I said good-bye to Sue and boarded it is easy with mum in the chair.

First shock P&O got it wrong again after telling us all that our refund would be on our cruise card they could not do it so we were given cheques.This was not great for several people as they did not bring money as they thought they would have thier refund to spend.

After being told we could not cash them on board many became quite upset and some were allowed to cash them but this was not common knowledge and not encouraged.

We know our cabin was miles from the dinning room but we had to allow 15/20 mins to get there as mum walks slowly with her stick.So never at that end again.

CD was Adam Goder a pom who discribed himself as "chunky". DCD Sandy a Yank who seemed to be called the Bingo man.

Guest entertainers well I have told you one Mike he has retired but the booked one cancelled and he was asked to came on at short notice.

Singer was from USA but currently of Sydney Gary Sterling.First time I had seen him.

Both did two full shows plus first night intro.

We had that cruiser you know the one who must be noticed it was a lady in the front row at the show.She made a fool of herself the whole show and caused the singer to blow one of his songs.He was not amused.

She did not improve and managed to get herself in the front every show.

I must say that the bulk of the cruisers were going to make the most of the seven days we had and a happy lot too well most of them anyway.

Thats it for tonight can not watch football and review at the same time

I must say that the bulk of the cruisers were going to make the most of the seven days we had and a happy lot too well most of them anyway.

Thats it for tonight can not watch football and review at the same time

I'm glad you all got off safely and hopefully you all had a great time. Forget the footy and get back to writing for us...I mean honestly where are your priorities!!!!!:D :D

Its the first thing I do when I get up in the morning and the last thing I do befoer I go to bed -is this addiction or what????:rolleyes:

Come on - cruisers just of the Star - put us all out of our misery and tell us about the SHIP????????? :p Oh and about all the great fun you had relaxing while we were hanging on waiting for your news!!!:D

Rach

Great to have you back on line! Can't wait for the next installment.

We had Sandy as the ACD on our cruise on the Star in Feb this year ... he told us it was his first (or second - can't quite remember) time at calling the Bingo and had to get used to all the Australian-isms .... apparently everywhere he went around the ship from then on he was called "Bingo Man" or something along those lines!

.... come on keep writing!

Frog, CC at brekky now certa.

Sorry unpacking washing and ironing ;)

Ok clubing on the coast with mun and Suey.

Day 2 big day meet Mac and Trudy and Getmeaway.We have some nice peope on this site I can confirm that as the ones I have meet on the last two cruises are loverly.

What did I think about the boat she is loverly in calm weather but she shakes groans trembles in the rough,and I must say that it was worse this cruise.In villa they had the diver down but to hide him they lowered the life-boats to just over the water line so they hide the water line.

One one morning the tea and coffee machine broke and they said the the galley also had no boiling water,It took an hour and caused me to mise my Frangipani massage.

Ports this was the main bone for complaint, as like me we booked this cruise to avoid Noumea and Lifou So lots of grumbles all over.

Noumea never changes and people were saying that they do not feel comfortable walking about there.I walk aroud and have never felt unsafe.

Do not buy any thing as it is pricey

I never go to Lifou any more I have climbed to the church done a bus tour so I usually stay on that day with mum.

But Villa that is my favourite stop and of I go purse in hand,and I get our duty free at the last shop left hand side or water side.

I also brought the Harry Potter movie yes I know but I nonly got it for personal use not sale.

Went back for lunch and then back to town and did something I have not done before in Villa I took a ride in a helicopter for 80 dollars and it was great you will find them in the craft market really good.

Back on board

Later leaving and we was told that we were medivacing a cruiser a male guess what no storys.

Left about a 1/2 late.

Bingo was on the first day once, once on second before Noumea and the

twice daily on other sea days Jackpot was 3.900 on last day and yes it was not me.

Trivia mum would not go as we did not have our team she missed Suey and Chaz on this cruise.

Food as usual to much and good.

Staff really trying to please.

Coreluis in the main dinning room head water is wonderful spoils mum ever time we cruise so if you meet him and you will say hello he is a great bloke.

Bahia steaks are also worth the 20 dollars they cost (that is for3 courses) You will meet Yuni there and he is a fun person and worth a special I have known him since he first came on the line as a boy.

That will do for today.

Hi Frog, welcome home, and glad you had a good time.

Cornelius is a lovely man and has been with the company a long time.

He told me he was going over to the Pacific Sun , so time will tell.

I agree with you about the Star shuddering in rough weather, I mentioned that last year, on a cruise out of Auckland...

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

Well that was tea.

Fellow cruisers

All went on board to make the best of the 7 days,yes we all had a whinge about how we felt hard done by but I am going to have this out with P&O and not bore you with this.

Most were great all seemed basicly happy.The children were really great,I did not have any complaints about any we saw.

Teens were only seen at night and even then with thier teen club group.

Lots of older people and they also behaved (joking) but the mix was good

Young familys ,older familys and older people.

lots of groups two weddings can you even think what it must have been like when it looked like things could have fallen apart and not gone.

One was a real special wedding even the bride had no idea it was on and in Villa the husband arranged a tour that ended up at wedding resort her in shorts to find out he had arranged a wedding and she said yes .

Would I go back on tomorrow silly question yes of-course I would will I keep telling people about the Star yes but I would say she is noisy and not as good as she used to be but who is.

After dry dock the work was not finnished and the contractors had not finnished,they was asked if they could stay on for the cruise and finnish but even after the cruise they had not finnished and they have been asked to stay on but the chippy got of and he told me the others did too,But they said that there is a lot of work still needed.

I have noted some changes even since April they have cut the fun stuff in the dinning room on the last day the chook dance and we always call Australia home etc.

What else can I tell you? ask and I will try too.

ALL I CAN SAY IS ROLL ON JANUARY AND THE DAWN.

Again thank you to all who helped me through the waiting period when I did not know if I was going or not.Next comes job hunting.:eek:

Welcome home Frog.

How did the poor Star handle the seas on the last two days?

We were sitting in the Lido on the Friday and the Glass doors smashed and covered dinners with glass, and on the lower decks, windows smashed in a few cabins and they got flodded.. Shes really creaking alot more than last year, and has alot more patches on her at water line, and we noticed she had a portside lean, for most of the trip. But we still love the old girl.. So great to meat fellow CC.. Great lot..

We were sitting in the Lido on the Friday and the Glass doors smashed and covered dinners with glass, and on the lower decks, windows smashed in a few cabins and they got flodded.. Shes really creaking alot more than last year, and has alot more patches on her at water line, and we noticed she had a portside lean, for most of the trip. But we still love the old girl.. So great to meat fellow CC.. Great lot..

Also a whole buffet bar of food crashed over in the Bordeaux at breakfast on that Friday - the fishes got a good feed that day. The creaking was quite bad in our (inside) cabin on aloha deck 7. Plus, for some reason, the shuddering now and again.

BUT, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and the service and attitude from staff at all levels was fantastic.

As already stated - great to meet up with Frog (& Mum) and get me away

(and delightful family).

Also, as stated in the "At Portside today" thread, absolutely great to spot ,and be spotted by, the CCers who assembled to see us off, and especially to chat to MsMinx on a mobile.

Kind regards,

Mac (&Trudy)

Also a whole buffet bar of food crashed over in the Bordeaux at breakfast on that Friday - the fishes got a good feed that day. The creaking was quite bad in our (inside) cabin on aloha deck 7. Plus, for some reason, the shuddering now and again.

BUT, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and the service and attitude from staff at all levels was fantastic.

As already stated - great to meet up with Frog (& Mum) and get me away

(and delightful family).

Also, as stated in the "At Portside today" thread, absolutely great to spot ,and be spotted by, the CCers who assembled to see us off, and especially to chat to MsMinx on a mobile.

Kind regards,

Mac (&Trudy)

I do have a funny story about that breakfast incident I was just going to get something from the buffet when it smashed on the floor but just in front of me was a loverly lady who was about to get some fruit as it all fell she was so upset and could only say "I did not do it",I had to comfort her and tell her that it was the ship not her but she kept telling us she did not do it.

On the saturday she told that she was so glad that I was close and thanked me.

I had heard about the smashed windows but I did not see it .

I must also add that the loverly lady who collects for the intensive care unit was still on the quay in Villa and I spent time talking and made my donation,she is a loverly lady.

I do also know that in the rough weather a older lady fell in her bathroom and broke her arm and battered herself poor dear.

Please do not let all this put you of any booked cruises the staff and crew try to make it wonderful even if she is getting old.

Archived