wish it was my first cruise again!!

funcpl30

So, Back in April the gf finally convinced me a cruise would be more fun than a second trip to my favorite hotel in Las vegas (the Hotel). I then spent about 75 days filled with excitement, curiosity, and apprehension. June came and had the excitement of steppin on the ship for the first time. Had the best time and now am hooked. We booked a 4 day in October to hold us over till next May. While I am excited to go I am finding i wish I could feel the SAME excitement of the first one.

Anyone else have that same feeling?

Our first cruise was in 05 so we have had serious withdraw:eek: . But we are actually as excited to go again because we are excited about taking our DD's and enjoy the experince with them. They are 18 and 20 so they are really excited too. We have decided to give up our larger land vacations and just stick with cruising.

I believe that every day is a new gift! Every step is a first step. With the proper mental preperation the wonders of a first time are ever present.

Every day is a special wonder...and every cruise is one too...

I think I remember reading this in chapter one of the Altzheimers Daily Guide.

Can't wait for next Saturday to get that 1st time feeling for the 4th time. We never sailed the Triumph yet or have gone to the Eastern Caribbean, so I know I will have that first time feeling all over again!:D

Unfortunately, our very first cruise was a DUD...on RCI. Then we took CCL and so we think of our first CCL cruise on the Ecstasy as our "first cruise" because it was soo memorable and soo much fun.

Now we are hooked!! Thanks CCL!

I've been on 8 cruises since my first in 1993, and none have lived up to the first one. I don't think it was because it was the first cruise though. I think it was because that particular ship had great entertainment (both intentional and unintentional) and the weather was fantastic every single day. The last 3 cruises I've experienced crummy weather and left disappointed. So, I've booked the Imagination for the 12/3/2007 sailing. The ship will be freshly refurbished and goes to great snorkeling (my favorite activity) places. Now if the weather will only cooperate, I will be back on track. I'm hoping that this cruise will be my new favorite. It could happen.

Feels like the first time...

I get that excited feeling anytime I step aboard a ship, even if it is just for an inspection, and not to sail! To me they are all "modern marvels" and I am like a kid in a candy store each time I step aboard!

Guess I am easily entertained:D :D

I think your only disappointment in October will be when they have to drag you kicking and screaming off the ship after only 4 short days:p

With our busy lives though we take what we can get so go and have a great time!!

Jodie

Seeing the ship for the first time. Man they are big! The first time you see your room. The menu, the food, the air. Feeling the ship start to move!!!! Realizing that you get to spend the whole week here!

so pretty much everything grabs you and you go WOW...

So, Back in April the gf finally convinced me a cruise would be more fun than a second trip to my favorite hotel in Las vegas (the Hotel). I then spent about 75 days filled with excitement, curiosity, and apprehension. June came and had the excitement of steppin on the ship for the first time. Had the best time and now am hooked. We booked a 4 day in October to hold us over till next May. While I am excited to go I am finding i wish I could feel the SAME excitement of the first one.

Anyone else have that same feeling?

Similar my other most enjoyable activity and mild addiction :cool: I have tried myself for well over a decade to do as we say "chase the dragon" (I know it comes from opium smokers). You cant ever do it man he gets away every time. So I have found the only thing you can do is go bigger better and then you still cant get that exact felling back so oh well. All you can do at this point is feed the addiction after this trip they said they were going to send me to rehab but I said no no no.

Our first cruise was last year in April on the Inspiration which I guess is an older ship. To us it was the Taj Mahal! We had an ocean view on the Empress deck. I was so afraid of being sea sick so I brought everything! My doctor gave me the patch and I bought dramamine. Well I needed the dramamine for the plane, but not the ship. The first night was really rough. We were dodging a storm. I thought I was going to fall out of bed! My husband of course didn't feel a thing. The next morning I was holding onto the wall the whole time I took a shower! I still didn't get sick though and I didn't even wear the patch. Then it settled down and was wonderful. Now were going Nov 4 on the LIberty and we're on the Lido deck with a balcony! I don't think the excitement will ever wear off. A week of pampering?? How can you not be excited. My husband is more excited about being on the same deck as the breakfast buffet! Believe me--we are hooked. I just wish we could afford to do this more. :D

Seeing the ship for the first time. Man they are big! The first time you see your room. The menu, the food, the air. Feeling the ship start to move!!!! Realizing that you get to spend the whole week here!

so pretty much everything grabs you and you go WOW...

Our first cruise, was a group of 8 of us. It was universal, when we first saw the ship we all said, "Oh, my God, its huge!" That was over 30 years ago and its funny now. The ship was 17,000 tons. Wouldn't make a poop deck on today's mega ships.:D

Dan

My first cruise was sort of a last minute decision (RCI) and I didn't have the time to anticipate like I do when I plan a cruise. I've been cruising twice to three times a year now. Will be on my 9th cruise with Carnival 9/30/07 on the Legend and I can hardly wait!

I'll never forget stepping on board the Elation for our first cruise. It was 2 weeks after Sept 11 and the entire flight to Los Angeles/Long Beach was a security nightmare. It felt so good to finally be on board after hours of standing in lines, in the sun. After that first trip we cruised several times in the next 2 years. I'll have to admit that by our last cruise in 2003 it wasn't nearly as exciting. It had however become comfortably familiar, sort of like a good marriage after many years.

Our next trip isn't until Jan of 2009. By then we'll have been over 5 years without a vacation to speak of so I'm hoping some of the first time excitement will be back.

Archived