Wanted info on short duration cruises

john200856

Hi John

You won't get to the Baltic in 5 days from UK.

If you are looking for a short one, then P & O do a 3 day one on Oriana on 17 October which goes to Amsterdam and Bruges. QE2 do an autumn getaway on the 12 October.

Gill

If you truely would like to expereince the Baltic I would allow a two week cruise we sailed from Southampton on P&O Arcadia in 2006. I will be honest my wife wanted to cruise the Baltics I was not sure but will admit it was my favorite itinerary so far.

I loved St Peterburg and the P&O schedule allows two days in port giving the oppertunity to vist to Ballet or a traditional Russian event we did the later and it was fantastic.

I was also very pleasantly surpised by Gdansk in Poland and would recommend it as a port of call to anyone.

After the expereince of cruising north we have booked the Arcadia again for next year to cruise Norway and the Fjords

I'm off on Aurora on Sunday doing the 3n Amsterdam and Bruges cruise 'Autumn getaway'. We have 1 formal and 2 smart casual nights. Should be fun.

Any questions just ask, and I'll find out for you. I have also done a 2n cruise to bruges only on Aurora last dec.

Sue

The shortest 'Baltic' I can find departing anywhere within in Europe now, is 7 days out of Copenhagen on Costa Magica, departing 2nd Sept and also the 9th Sept. No idea of rates!

Probably a bit late for the Baltic this time of year.

Do have a look at Fred O's cruise itineraries for next year though, as they have often cruises out of Newcastle & Lieth as well as Dover and Southampton, occasionally taking the short cut through the Kiel Canal.

Holland America sometimes use Harwich too, it might be worth a look.

We did a 7 night 'semi Baltic' out of Southampton on Arcadia back in 2005, calling at: Rotterdam; Oslo; Copenhagen & Aarhus

Sorry that we can't be of any further help beyond this at the moment.:(

Peter & Alan.

Archived