When Is Best Time To Go To Hawaii?

rpinphx1

Hi Robyn, we are sailing Oct 11, 2008 out of San Diego. I have heard Sept & Oct are dry Months, Spring time maybe more crowded with Spring Break. We are on the ROS. Come join our Roll Call. If planning a 2008 Cruise better call now. This one opened up in April.

Gay Radiance of the Seas Oct 11, 2008 Roll Call

This has been asked and answered many times. I'm pasting some links to threads provided most recently by "beachchick" one of our more knowledgable posters. You may want to try using the advanced search feature on this forum. There is a lot of great information posted but since the same questions get posted all the time you may not get much response if it's something that has already been answered alot.Aloha. As you can imagine, this is a fairly common question. Here are some links to recent threads which should be very helpful:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=531633

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=557260

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=553283 (this one has additional links on post #2)

Enjoy!

Hi Robyn, we are sailing Oct 11, 2008 out of San Diego. I have heard Sept & Oct are dry Months, Spring time maybe more crowded with Spring Break. We are on the ROS. Come join our Roll Call. If planning a 2008 Cruise better call now. This one opened up in April.

Gay Radiance of the Seas Oct 11, 2008 Roll Call

I believe July and August are typically the driest months. However, September and October are typically among the less rainy months. OTOH, last October was very rainy all over Hawaii. There are no "dry" months in Hawaii, just more and less rainy months. The windward (east) sides get far more rain throughout the year than the leeward (west) sides. Think windward Hilo with its 100+ inches per year versus the Kohala coast (north leeward, same island) with its measly 10 inches average per year.

September and October are excellent months to visit Hawaii. For one thing, the water temps are usually warmest in October and that is nice.:)

beachchick

Archived