NEED HELP??? How to format a sd memory card for camera???

momofmn00

As some of you may remember, I was the poster who ruined all my Alaska Anan Creek bear shots by using a 35 mm camera with zoom and not enough light. Came back to Texas and bought my first digital.....a Canon Powershot SD1000. Love it !!! What took me so long ?? I have taken the best shots of everything from geckos to bees, to the Golden Retriever, to flowers, the moon, and family. Question: I am using SD memory card, but I don't believe I had to format it. I just put in the battery, then the card, and have taken and printed lots of shots. Could it be that my camera automatically formats these and I do not even know it ?? I am truly a novice on this. Thanks you kindly, gg

As some of you may remember, I was the poster who ruined all my Alaska Anan Creek bear shots by using a 35 mm camera with zoom and not enough light. Came back to Texas and bought my first digital.....a Canon Powershot SD1000. Love it !!! What took me so long ?? I have taken the best shots of everything from geckos to bees, to the Golden Retriever, to flowers, the moon, and family. Question: I am using SD memory card, but I don't believe I had to format it. I just put in the battery, then the card, and have taken and printed lots of shots. Could it be that my camera automatically formats these and I do not even know it ?? I am truly a novice on this. Thanks you kindly, gg

Virtually all cards come formatted. If it isn't, the camera will tell you it's unuseable and ask you if you want to format it.

In any case, it doesn't hurt to format iit in the camera occasionally, just in case a file ot folder gets corrupted. (Unlikely)

Dave

Archived