Is it worth renting a car to see Curacao??

misterbuds

This will be our first time in Curacao visiting on the Adventure of the Seas in October. I believe we are in port until 5. We are traveling with another couple. My husband has tentatively reserved a car from Avis in Curacao with thoughts that we could explore Curacao this way (we are renting a jeep in Aruba and we figured this might be a good way to explore curacao as well). However, I was just wondering is it worth renting a car here or is everything close to port? I know to see the caves you need to go by car. Are all the beaches public if we wanted to take some time to stop at a beach? Is it safe to drive on your own? Searching a few of the posts on the site, some say the roads aren't very well marked. Will this be a problem? Also, any tips on what is worth seeing here? Just looking for some tips so I can plan out what we intend to see. I appreciate any feedback.

Renting a car is the (second) best thing to do for exploring anywhere. The trick is not to loose valuable time by taking the wrong turn or by mixing up the order of visits while driving!

I can help you with this. Contact me if interested.

Henry"Leo"Plaate

Rent-A-Guide

Archived