Hideaway Island - What is it like, how do you get there, and is it worth a visit?

Brushtail

I'm thinking a lot of our upcoming cruise and thinking of what to do in Vila apart from duty free shopping and lunching with the Roll Call bunch in The Rossi Restaurant. :D

For those who have visited Hideaway Island, can you share your thoughts on it?

eg: How far away is it? How do you get there? Is it worth the visit or is Iririki Island just as good? What is the snorkelling like?

Thanks heaps

hi jenny we have been to hideaway but when we did a land based holiday

we were taken to hideaway organized through Le Lagon resort

i am sure you can get a taxi there

the only problem i could forsee in doing it this way was that there was no taxi rank to get one coming back you would have to organise it with someone to come back

from the mainland you get a ferry over to the island, i cant remember what we paid, but it included snorkel equipment, welcome drink, lunch and a postcard to post in the underwater postbox as well as some fish food.

The snorkelling was quite good the weather when we went was a bit overcast so the water wasnt very clear, however later on it seemed to clear up.

my children had a ball feeding the fish they came up so close to you .

My daughter who was 6 got a fright because she didnt expect the fish to be so close when she put her head under the water.

They also had fun trying to find the underwater postbox.

we thought about doing this again but were a little worried about the trip back from the island trying to organise a vila taxi

kathy

Archived