Rhapsody 08/19/07 Short Review

Greetings all! We just returned from what is possibly our last Rhapsody of the Seas cruise. We had a wonderful time, with just a few complaints. The ship was beautiful as usual, and we did not notice any major problems with the windjammer. Hurricane Dean re-routed us to Key West instead of Montego Bay whichwas ok with us! This was my 6th cruise on the Rhapsody, and my wife's fourth.. The service this time was somewhat less enthusiastic than the times before, with a noticeable increase in Chinese crew members. My complaints are just a few minor things, and one which I think is fairly major....so here we go....Over the span of my six trips aboard, I have made several friends on board....sadly only one was left aboard on this trip. I have wanted a bridge tour for some time, but never have been granted one...I asked her for some advice on who to talk to this time, and she said that the Loyalty Ambassador arranged the requests for tours on Saturday at the Captain's discretion. I contacted the LA named Colleen and introduced myself. I explained to her the situation, and kindly asked her if she would be able to include me in this week's request. Colleen rudely said that there were no such things as bridge tours anymore. I asked her if she was saying that they are never conducted and she said that was correct. Again she responded to me in a very rude tone, I then asked her if this was not done, why she would be taking requests from passengers for tours on Saturday. She then huffed at me and said that she only did that for her diamond plus members and that there were two on this cruise with 64+ cruises and that they were the only ones getting that consideration. I understand that it might not be possible, but there is no reason to be rude, and definitely no reason to lie to guests. If she had simply told me " I am sorry, that is reserved for Diamond Plus members" I would have left it at that. I was taken aback by the negative attitude displayed by someone who was supposed to be an ambassador for return guests...then to top it all off, she demanded to know who had told me to talk to her...like I would tell her after the way she had treated me!! The other negative concerns children....in the solarium, the cocktail seminar etc... Other than that, Great Trip!!

Ryan

I just got off the Rhapsody today too. I enjoyed the ship. It was my first time on this one. My only complaint was that we went to Key West instead of Jamaica. If I had it to do over again, I would stay on the ship at Key West. The crew were very polite. No major problems with Windjammer. Can't wait for the next cruise.

Archived