Hilton Stockholm Slussen Hotel

SoCalGal

Next June we will be staying two nights at the Hilton Stockholm post cruise and wondered what to see and do while there. It really only gives us one full day to see the sights in and around the city. Thanks for your ideas!

We stayed at the Hilton last year - you are in the heart of it all. You are steps away from the 3 things I would say are the best.

The Old City is of course the most wonderful place but if you are short of time leave that for the evening meal & a romantic walk through the alleys.

Catch the ferry which is just over the Slussen (3 mins) - go early to avoid the crouds - and see the Vasa - amazing. Then continue on to the open-air museum of Skansen to get a sense of the ancient buildings & life of Sweden's past.

I loved Stockholm - I thought it was the best out of all the Baltic cities - there's still lots to see but these would be my # 1,2,3

We spent 2 days in Stockholm pre-cruise last month. And while I mostly agree with Orienteer about the Vasa and Old Town (Gamla Stan), I'd tour the royal palace and the armory inside. The changing of the guard is also terrific entertainment (12:15 PM) at the palace. I'd also go to Gamla Stan in the afternoon, do Rick Steves' walking tour and have dinner at Fem Sma Hus - try the reindeer or the veal. Enjoy!

Thanks so much for your suggestions....sounds wonderful! Since our first day there will be disembarkation from the ship and probably won't be able to check into the hotel until 3 or 4 PM we'd thought we'd drop off our bags there and take a walk over to the Old City. Can't wait!!

Archived