Want help choosing color for accessories

Kan't Wait

My dress is basically this style (click link below) except it is longer, drapes the floor, it is mostly white with black where the darker green is and white where the lighter green is. It ties at the neck. The back is plain white. The fabric is silk chiffon.

I want to figure out accessories (wrap and clutch) I was wondering if "color" would be nice and then need help with what color would work best. I do know that any color goes with black and white but since the dress is sooooooooo stunning I want my accessories to compliment and not take away from the dress. I have black strappy sandals that I was planning on wearing since the black runs down the front of the dress. And ideas on jewelry would be welcomed too.

Thank you

http://www.bloomingdales.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=81255#

My dress is basically this style (click link below) except it is longer' date=' drapes the floor, it is mostly white with black where the darker green is and white where the lighter green is. It ties at the neck. The back is plain white. The fabric is silk chiffon.

I want to figure out accessories (wrap and clutch) I was wondering if "color" would be nice and then need help with what color would work best. I do know that any color goes with black and white but since the dress is sooooooooo stunning I want my accessories to compliment and not take away from the dress. I have black strappy sandals that I was planning on wearing since the black runs down the front of the dress. And ideas on jewelry would be welcomed too.

Thank you

http://www.bloomingdales.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=81255#[/quote']

Long chandelier earings and a black satin clutch would look lovely. I would go with a sheer wrap and not wear it unless you are cold.

My vote is for black or white accessories. I would go for a black purse (easy to get and can be used more for other formal occassions). I think I would go with a sheer white wrap. Since the majorty of the dress is white - I think it would look best. I think you should stick to black and white rather than introducing color. If the dress was all black or all white I think color would be great but since it's two tone, I suggest staying with that. The only other possiblity might be silver :) Good luck!

I have actually gone the opposite. I have a black and white Jonathan Martin dress, and I decided to go with red coral and blue turquoise (sp?), something really bold. The necklace itself is blue turquoise, with a huge red coral pendant. I wanted something with "pop".

I am wearing black shoes. I would take a black clutch.

Long chandelier earings and a black satin clutch would look lovely. I would go with a sheer wrap and not wear it unless you are cold.

I have a black satin clutch. :)

I think you should stick to black and white rather than introducing color.

I was thinking that too but just wanted to put the question/idea out there to see what others thought.

Thanks,

My choice? black strappy formal sandals, silk wrap in black, white or any solid color (aqua is coming to mind...), and a black beaded evening bag. White shoes would be too weddingish (is that a word??). Great dress!!

My dress is basically this style (click link below) except it is longer' date=' drapes the floor, it is mostly white with black where the darker green is and white where the lighter green is. It ties at the neck. The back is plain white. The fabric is silk chiffon.

Thank you

http://www.bloomingdales.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=81255#[/quote']

Wow. You'll look very striking! My vote is for black accessories. I agree with a few other posters that said black and white is the best combination!

Enjoy your cruise.

Payd:)

I would either wear black or white strappy sandals with purse to match. If you're talking another dress that must have black or white use these shoes and purse again (Less to pack) The model in the pic looks like she 's wearing nude color sandals which could be nice too

I also would stick with black and white accessories. A bight color would dress it down and make it look a lot less sophisticated.

For contrast, I'd go with shine and/or texture. For example I'd choose maybe a patent leather bag and shoes or perhaps snakeskin. All in black.

For a shawl, see if you can match with white, perhaps sheer. I think you'll need to try a few on to get the right one.

I also would stick with black and white accessories. A bight color would dress it down and make it look a lot less sophisticated.

For contrast, I'd go with shine and/or texture. For example I'd choose maybe a patent leather bag and shoes or perhaps snakeskin. All in black.

For a shawl, see if you can match with white, perhaps sheer. I think you'll need to try a few on to get the right one.

I am going to wear black patent leather strappy sandals, I have a small black satin bag with black beading on one side. Finding a sheer shawl that will match the white is going to be tough. The white is pretty much a white white. I have a white white satin shawl but it looks to heavy with the dress. I will keep looking for a sheer shawl. I always check out the shawls and evening bags whenever I'm in a store that sells nice ones. With the holiday's coming I should be able to find something. At least I hope so. If not I hope I'm having hot flashes that night :p

Thanks,

That dress is beautiful! And the one you've described sounds just as lovely :) I tend to agree with the others that a touch of colour in the accessories might take away from the dress. You want the dress to make the statement, not the accessories. I'd stick with black shoes and clutch and a sheer black wrap. For jewellery i'd go with some stunning silver chandellier (sp) earrings. Given that plunging neckline i'd probably just wear the earrings without a necklace as again, the necklace might take away from the dress. Don't forget the "Hollywood Tape" with that neckline either ;) You're going to look stunning :D

I found the perfect earrings today. They are from Ralph Lauren, chandelier style silver tone with semi clear crystals. I found a sheer white wrap but it was polyester (not that there's anything wrong with that ;) ) but decided to keep looking. I really want silk. :o :D because I just love the feel of it well okay and the look.

Thanks again for all the help.

Archived