Chances of being bumped

airhead22

Today I paid a lot to upgrade my cabin from inside to balcony. Only problem is cabin I was assigned is for three and we are two. I am aft and do not want to be "upgraded" to a higher deck and end up forward. Have you ever been bumped because of too few guests in a cabin? By the way, I booked the last Empress deck balcony and all open balconies are forward on higher decks. This is Destiny Sept. 30, and the ship is almost sold out.

Today I paid a lot to upgrade my cabin from inside to balcony. Only problem is cabin I was assigned is for three and we are two. I am aft and do not want to be "upgraded" to a higher deck and end up forward. Have you ever been bumped because of too few guests in a cabin? By the way, I booked the last Empress deck balcony and all open balconies are forward on higher decks. This is Destiny Sept. 30, and the ship is almost sold out.

Do you mean that this new cabin has a Bed that comes out of the ceiling? or does it have a Sofa?

Please post cabin number to better assist you with these questions.

Thanks

Fred

So solly Fred! It has a sofa. I don't feel comfortable posting cabin number. The lady (had to talk to someone besides my pvp because it involved using points) said she has rarely seen it happen, but we have 2 cabins and one reason we did this is so we can be closer. We booked one months ago and not much was available when I decided to upgradethe other.

Your cabin should be fine. The only thing you want to make sure of is that you are not under the 24 hour buffet area. Unfortunately, you will hear chairs being dragged across the floor all night as this is the only time the floors can be cleaned.

On a positive note, you always have the chance of being upgraded to a suite. We had 2 balcony rooms and we were upgraded to suites. We were extremely spoiled....If only we could stay in suites every time! You will have fun in any of the rooms you are assigned.

Hi,

Were you upgraded after your cabin was assigned?

Your cabin should be fine. The only thing you want to make sure of is that you are not under the 24 hour buffet area. Unfortunately, you will hear chairs being dragged across the floor all night as this is the only time the floors can be cleaned.

On a positive note, you always have the chance of being upgraded to a suite. We had 2 balcony rooms and we were upgraded to suites. We were extremely spoiled....If only we could stay in suites every time! You will have fun in any of the rooms you are assigned.

I was on the Destiny for Halloween last year, booked a OVG and got a balcony # 6125. Room is like and OV but has a balcony. This was great. Best cabin yet. It was emp deck I believe, and forward. Do you speak any spanish? Destiny sails from Puerto Rico. Beautiful Place. I can't wait to go there again, but think I will fly down a day early next time and take a walk to the forts in Old San Juan.

In answer to the OP's question, I do this almost every time in HOPES of an upgrade. We are usually two or three in a cabin, and I try to book a specific cabin that holds four. In four cruises, I have never, ever been upgraded or moved.

Hope that helps!

Archived