What is there to do at night in San Juan

Try El Picoteo in the El Convento hotel.

Outdoors in the courtyard of a 350+ yr old former Carmelite convent. Candles and up lights in the trees.

Wonderful tapas (ceviche to die for, lobster empandas, calamari that melts in your mouth and lots more) and cold beer or sangria.

We ended up eating there twice during our 3 day-2 night stay precruise. Once for dinner when we arrived late on Thanksgiving Day and the next day for a late lunch when friends arrived to join us and were starving.

Depending on what night of the week..... you could head to the Rumba Club for some salsa dancing. Altho in Puerto Rico things don't really get going until later.

Gnparend is not fully informed. There are tours at night in old San Juan. You might try heading over to the Ports Of Call area for San Juan and read up on some threads there.

Outdoors in the courtyard of a 350+ yr old former Carmelite convent. Candles and up lights in the trees.

Wonderful tapas (ceviche to die for, lobster empandas, calamari that melts in your mouth and lots more) and cold beer or sangria.

We ended up eating there twice during our 3 day-2 night stay precruise. Once for dinner when we arrived late on Thanksgiving Day and the next day for a late lunch when friends arrived to join us and were starving.

Depending on what night of the week..... you could head to the Rumba Club for some salsa dancing. Altho in Puerto Rico things don't really get going until later.

Gnparend is not fully informed. There are tours at night in old San Juan. You might try heading over to the Ports Of Call area for San Juan and read up on some threads there.

I just went on their website, this place looks really beautiful...will suggest it to my wife this evening as a place to go during our October Liberty cruise,

Michael

Whoo hoo - love to see that post about El Convento!

We're paying the "huh-yooge" bucks to stay there pre-cruise, but our flight doesn't arrive until almost 5pm. I was worried about striking off to find something entertaining after spending the whole day traveling. Good to know we can stay right where we are!

Frankly since we live in a town full of missions and forts, I didn't really care to go visit El Morro... as sad as that sounds.

OR for something really neat and special give this excursion a try:

http://www.shoretrips.com/common/search4.asp?rcode=CAR&lcode=SJU&tcode=008933

It's way more fun than it even says and in fact you probably won't wind up going to the market but right to Francisco and Julie's home. Francisco will show you how he makes (and you get to eat) his delicious 5 course dinner and Julie keeps the drinks coming. We were four people on this excursion and they will do it for 2-16 people.

It was amazing. We felt like we had known F & J forever; that's how they made us feel. It was a fantastic day but I'm sure you could get them to do it as a dinner instead of a lunch. I think it's more suited to dinner anyway. You won't regret this excursion. It was terrific.

I lived in PR for a year and we took all our visitors to El Picoteo. I miss it so much! If I had a night in San Juan, I'd definitely head here. I also loved the Dragon Fly restaurant, right across the street from the more well-known Parrot Club.

Archived