Sun cabin layout question

cod

I'm curious about something. NCL's brochure oceanview cabin picture shows the couch area by the window and not the bed(s). Is this right or just a picture?

It would make sense for it to be set up that way but I've yet to personally see that configuration so I was wondering if it's 'true'.

Thanks all!!

Oooops, I just scrolled through the threads and saw a similiar question that contained a reference to the Sun. It looks like the Sun C category has a couch by the window.

(HOWEVER, please confirm if you've actually seen a Sun C).

Thanks again!

Oooops, I just scrolled through the threads and saw a similiar question that contained a reference to the Sun. It looks like the Sun C category has a couch by the window.

(HOWEVER, please confirm if you've actually seen a Sun C).

Thanks again!

I sailed on the Sun in a class C Oceanview. Check out my photos in my signature belowl

Here's the one that should interest you.

Image-130AA232727911DA.jpg

electricron, thanks a lot...very nice photos!

One more question if you will. Was it rough being in a forward section of the ship? Just curious. Afterall, I have to have SOMETHING to worry about untill we leave! (Just kidding).

electricron - I have a Cat C guaranty for my 3/22 Sun cruise. How did you like your cabin?

It was better than okay. I was slightly disappointed with the shower and curtain, having sailed on the Spirit before. Although, in most ways, the cabin on the Sun was better. It wasn't rough at all. Stop worrying, you'll have a grand time on the Sun.

I like this size ship the best, 76,000 to 80,000 tons, about the size of the SS Norway. Not too small, not too large. ;)

Is that just like a balcony cabin?

We were in a balcony cabin on the Sun, and it was arranged the same way. The couch, which works like a futon if you need to use it for sleeping space, was right next to the balcony.

Ok, I am no longer worried about the lay-out OR rough seas. I've racked my brain and I am now concerned over "where" we will actually be!

We're in a guarantee C with a month to go till our cruise. I check daily but it still says 'GTY' for our booking number on NCL's site.

We've been on 12 cruises and this is our first guarantee cabin. I've always wanted to pick where I'd be, even if it was a low category inside. But this time I thought of the 'guarantee rule' that is often offered as advice on these boards,..don't take a guarantee category unless you'll be satisfied ending up there. A "C" fits that bill but I want to know more...cabin number or possible upgrade!!

Based on everyone's experience, when will I be likely to know the answer.

Thank you all....I love these boards!

Ok, I am no longer worried about the lay-out OR rough seas. I've racked my brain and I am now concerned over "where" we will actually be!

We're in a guarantee C with a month to go till our cruise. I check daily but it still says 'GTY' for our booking number on NCL's site.

We've been on 12 cruises and this is our first guarantee cabin. I've always wanted to pick where I'd be, even if it was a low category inside. But this time I thought of the 'guarantee rule' that is often offered as advice on these boards,..don't take a guarantee category unless you'll be satisfied ending up there. A "C" fits that bill but I want to know more...cabin number or possible upgrade!!

Thank you all....I love these boards!

Soon, most usually before 2 weeks to go. But I've read a few report not knowing until days before their cruise, and some not until the day of their cruise. :(

I believe, the longer it takes, the more likely you'll get an upgrade.

That may mean you'll get a balcony, vs an oceanview. :cool:

Thanks electricron. I would be ecstatic with an upgrade to a balcony but I'm perfectly satisfied with an oceanview, especially one like the one in your photo...a window one can actually stand at and look out of!!

Time will tell and if I can find this thread when the time comes, I'll post the results.

Thanks again.

Keep us posted on what a cabin you get!

We were on the Sun in Feb.07 in a balcony cabin. We enjoyed it very much! Had a fridge too. My parents also cruised and my dad enjoyed sitting on the couch and looking out of the balcony doors (when it was maybe a little too cool to be outside for him). On the Dream we had an OV cabin. It was configured the same way and my parents sat on the sofa and watched the water thru the window.

Kathy

We are booked on the Sun for 2/23/08 and also booked a Cat C Oceanview Guarantee. NCL had issued a room number the day after we booked and that was a month ago. I guess it can happen at anytime. We sailed on the Sun in Jan 2007 and had a balcony room. It was a great trip, but we were so busy we didn't really use the balcony very much. This time decided to go OV and save the extra $400 for drinks. I keep checking weekly to see if we get moved around, but so far that hasn't happened. It's like a game....trying to figure out how NCL does things. Would sure love to know the answer. Good Luck with your cabin! I'll post if things change for us......

It came today...we got a C. No sooner did I see it by checking My Cruises on NCL's site than I got my 'edoc email'. So I'm sure this is it. Yes, I would have liked to be upgraded but I'm certainly okay with it and it hasn't dampened my cruise anticipation one iota. I'm still doing a perpetual 'hula' dance as I go thru my daily chores.

Happy cruising to all and to all a good day!!!

And thanks to all for your comments and advice!

Archived