Food - Stuart Cove Snorkel Trip

dcookies

We're planning on doing the Stuart Cove's snorkel trip while we're in Nassau next week. We get picked up at 8:00 a.m., and back to the ship ~ 2:00 p.m. So my big question is - what about food??? :D

Do you usually bring some with you from the cruise ship? I was thinking I might be able to help myself to some extra items from the breakfast buffet (I'm assuming they'll have muffins/bagels, etc.) I'm brining a collapsible cooler onto the ship with me - will I be ok to bring it on the excursion, or is that too tacky? Do they have food available to purchase on the boat?

Just wondering if I should be packing some extra snack food to take with us....

Thanks!

Are you doing this trip as a ship's excursion or as an independent trip? For a ship's excursion, if food is included, it is usually listed in the description. However, it sounds like you are doing this as an independent tour, so you might have better luck contacting them directly and asking them.

I would still take a little something to eat and a bottle of water, but probably not a cooler. If you are like me and take zip-lock bags with you when you travel, now would be a good use for one. Cut up a couple of oranges from the buffet and take them with you. They'll taste really good after snorkeling. A roll or muffin in another bag and you'll be all set.

Thanks bruce-r!

Yes, it's an independent excursion, and as far as I can tell, no lunch included. I'm sure I'll be hungry , plus I'm bringing 2 teenage boys, and I don't want to spend a fortune on food. I'm planning on bringing water bottles, and I'll grab some (lots!:D) snack food from the breakfast buffet. I do use a lot of ziplocs in packing, so that will work out well. I like the orange idea, but I'm not sure we can bring produce (some countries have restrictions).

• 1 month later...
stuart cove's shop has a wonderful array of sandwiches, chips, cookies, soft drinks, juices, bottled water, etc. - at shockingly good prices (i was there in june, and a sandwich, chips, and diet coke was about $6). that said, if coming-off a cruise ship i'd just find a way to bring some grub with you (perhaps room service?).

Archived