Booking Agents?

IResQU

I know that...duuh!!!! But the agent/rep that is on the phone doesnt get a commission, so they dont seem to care if you ask them to book a small commission cruise. A TA I contacted pretty much told me to call a PVP she didnt want the booking, it was too small and too much trouble.

The company that the rep works for gets a commission....of course. Everyone I think here knows that.

You missed my point that the rep on the phone isnt getting extra money to book so doesnt care if they have to reduce the fare, its not out of their pocket.

I see what you are saying now. So, if I'm understanding you right, the rep gets no commission, so they have no incentive to spend the extra time that it takes to get you the best cruise vacation for your money?

I see what you are saying now. So, if I'm understanding you right, the rep gets no commission, so they have no incentive to spend the extra time that it takes to get you the best cruise vacation for your money?

I booked all 3 cruises with a PVP. The PVP gets the credit for booking them and it doesnt matter to her if later I transfer them.

then one call to costco and they transferred all 3 cruises that a TA turned up their nose at and I saved $118 on 1A cheapie category bookings.

The rep at Costco did spend time with me getting everything transferred correctly and seemed to be in no hurry unlike some online TAs I deal with. The only downside is most people will tell you they are on hold at least 20 minutes before they get thru on the line.

Im not saying book with them, I do use a TA for my RoyalCaribbean bookings, but booked the last one direct thru RCI and might transfer it as well. Costco just does OBC since they cant discount. They gave $250 PER CABIN on a gift card you could only spend in the Costco stores on Disney as a promotion in August. someone on another board booked two cabins, a separate one for her kids at the lowest category available and got $500 in gift cards.

My latest TA quit about a week ago is why I called RCI directly...guess she got married they said. Good if you can find a great TA, but I finally found a good one who quit the travel agency. I was so happy I finally found a really good TA...and poof!!!...and I got transferred to a bookeeper who said that TA had such a long list of clients that they hadnt decided who to give them too and wouldnt even give me a name to call....told me to call him and then he would decide who to give me to...so I called RCI direct.

Sorry, CCL does allow discounting. They do not allow advertised discounting.

I guess being a TA and dealing with CCL on a regular basis you would have no idea what the rules are! :rolleyes:

I think beating your head on the wall would be less painful than trying to explain the CORRECT rules.

Bill

I guess being a TA and dealing with CCL on a regular basis you would have no idea what the rules are! :rolleyes:

I think beating your head on the wall would be less painful than trying to explain the CORRECT rules.

Bill

Tried it and it was much less painful:) !

I know that...duuh!!!! But the agent/rep that is on the phone doesnt get a commission, so they dont seem to care if you ask them to book a small commission cruise. A TA I contacted pretty much told me to call a PVP she didnt want the booking, it was too small and too much trouble.

The company that the rep works for gets a commission....of course. Everyone I think here knows that.

You missed my point that the rep on the phone isnt getting extra money to book so doesnt care if they have to reduce the fare, its not out of their pocket.

I dont know how you are....but the TA I was working with really hates Carnival to start with...went on and on about the thin walls and reluctantly booked the Conquest and then cancelled it period and said she just doesnt want to deal with Carnival. Call her only if I want to book RCI. RCI is apparantly easier to deal with on her end too. Most TAs do not want to bother with small bookings. A $200 cruise on the Sovereign the TA said she only made $20 in commission, thats why a salaried person just was easier to deal with to get a little extra off.

I'm not sure where you are finding these TA's, but find a better one. They (I) are in business to create long term clients. This year may be a small commission, but next years family reunion will surely make up for it.

There are good ones , bad ones, new ones and old ones. Find one that will do the leg work for you and give you the service that you (the client) deserves. And yes, some agencies can and do provide discounts, group deals, onboard credits, etc. Shop around, you will see and you will know when you found a good agent. When you do, stick with them.

you wish it was allowed

Again.... why do you care if a TA is discounting a cruise ? You are not paying them ! Perhaps you are angry that others are choosing to book thru an agency rather than direct with the cruisline and perhaps getting a discount that you are not getting is all I can figure !

Again.... why do you care if a TA is discounting a cruise ? You are not paying them ! Perhaps you are angry that others are choosing to book thru an agency rather than direct with the cruisline and perhaps getting a discount that you are not getting is all I can figure !

I could careless if they bk through whoever. im just giving true facts! if they feel comfortable bking with a ta GO FOR IT! just remember whatever questions you have about your bking, you cant call carnival cause they cant help you! I dont need a discount on my cruise i go for free!!!:D

You like to argue just for the sake of arguing don't you:D

nah not really, i just think its funny that people ask questions on here and get answers from people on how they feel about it other then what they know. and NOT just on this factor! I used to read these boards all the time and never say anything. as you can see i just sign up for this. but then seen some of the answers and had to help some people out on here! ;)

nah not really, i just think its funny that people ask questions on here and get answers from people on how they feel about it other then what they know. and NOT just on this factor! I used to read these boards all the time and never say anything. as you can see i just sign up for this. but then seen some of the answers and had to help some people out on here! ;)

But the people here are asking for the correct information in sentences that they can read.

But the people here are asking for the correct information in sentences that they can read.

Just curious if you've been to Community Guidelines? You might want to take a look.

Spelling and Grammar Errors It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies.

I didn't mean to cause such a heated debate, really just didn't know if any one had used Travelocity, orbitz, expedia for buying. And their results. If they were happy, If they showed up at the pier and didn't have a cruise booked when they thought they did. Thats all. Not all the drama. Sorry !:(

We cannot offer recommendations on agents or agencies on cc but..., the large on line companies have been in business a long time...can't do that if you don't deliver . and I do not work for any mentioned! Be sure you are comfortable with the customer service you receive...does the agent answer all your questions? Do you receive call backs or email replies quickly? Can you reach your agent?

We cannot offer recommendations on agents or agencies on cc but..., the large on line companies have been in business a long time...can't do that if you don't deliver . and I do not work for any mentioned! Be sure you are comfortable with the customer service you receive...does the agent answer all your questions? Do you receive call backs or email replies quickly? Can you reach your agent?

ditto that!

I didn't mean to cause such a heated debate, really just didn't know if any one had used Travelocity, orbitz, expedia for buying. And their results. If they were happy, If they showed up at the pier and didn't have a cruise booked when they thought they did. Thats all. Not all the drama. Sorry !:(

those particular ones might be hard to get a price reduction thru from what Iv heard. Ask before you book if the price goes down their policy.

Archived