Just Back From The Fantasy

Rodeomomof2

We are just back from the 5 day Fantasy with it's new intinerary (thanks Dean) we were in Progresso from 7 am- 4pm and in Cozumel from 9 am -5pm. The food was great, the people were great, getting there and getting on the ship was fairly painless and smooth. We really had a great time, my son enjoyed the Club02 and we went to several shows and the Karaoke (sp?) bar. If you have any questions, send them my way while I am still on my vacation "high" tomorrow...reality sets it. ;) I will post a detailed review once I make a dent in this mountain of vacation laundry setting here staring at me. :eek:

I've read so any mixed reviews on Progreso; what did you think? Did you do an excursion in Progreso and/or Cozumel?

We did an excursion in Cozumel, a jeep/snorkel/island tour...it was great. IN Progresso, we did not have time to really research and book anything, so we just got off of the ship and walked the small little fishing village right there....there was a market place to buy some handmade things and drinks were relatively inexpensive there. I regret that we did not venture off to Merida...if you want something organized and are not into really rustic mexican towns, you should book an excursion away from the port...if you like the quirkiness (if that is a word) of such a difference in culture and just want a layed back day to walk around and have a cheap drink and haggle with some vendors for some good deals on handmade things....Progresso is your port. I am not really picky ~ any place that a cruise goes is still a vacation and I will enjoy it. :)

We are just back from the 5 day Fantasy with it's new intinerary (thanks Dean) we were in Progresso from 7 am- 4pm and in Cozumel from 9 am -5pm. The food was great, the people were great, getting there and getting on the ship was fairly painless and smooth. We really had a great time, my son enjoyed the Club02 and we went to several shows and the Karaoke (sp?) bar. If you have any questions, send them my way while I am still on my vacation "high" tomorrow...reality sets it. ;) I will post a detailed review once I make a dent in this mountain of vacation laundry setting here staring at me. :eek:

Glad you had a good time :)

Glad to hear you had a good time, despite Dean....We leave 9-8-07 on Fantasy & have no OFFICIAL word on new stop, but I'm betting it's Progresso....we think we may save our excursion trip for Cozumel (still haven't decided on what) and try to find a nice beach area near a restaurant w/ a little shade to just sit & enjoy to view of the water...not really wanting to venture into the "town" much...anyone w/ any suggestions?

Rodeomomof2 would you mind sharing your email address or have anyway to contact you, I have a few additional questions.

Thanks,

Glad to hear you had a good time, despite Dean....We leave 9-8-07 on Fantasy & have no OFFICIAL word on new stop, but I'm betting it's Progresso....we think we may save our excursion trip for Cozumel (still haven't decided on what) and try to find a nice beach area near a restaurant w/ a little shade to just sit & enjoy to view of the water...not really wanting to venture into the "town" much...anyone w/ any suggestions?

Rodeomomof2 would you mind sharing your email address or have anyway to contact you, I have a few additional questions.

Thanks,

Sure, I would be happy to answer anything I can for you. hannis4:Dbellsouth.net

Glad to hear you had a good time, despite Dean....We leave 9-8-07 on Fantasy & have no OFFICIAL word on new stop, but I'm betting it's Progresso....

I keep seeing this, but my PVP called AND emailed me last Friday with an official word on Progreso being our stop on the 9-8 cruise, and all others after it until further notice. He even gave me the times in port - 7 to 4 in Progreso on Monday and 9-5 in Cozumel on Tuesday. I'm not sure why others aren't being given this information.

Here is a copy of my email - the subject was "Official Fantasy Notice of Port Change."

Unfortunately, due to the passage of Hurricane Dean, Costa Maya sustained extended damage and will not be available. We have changed the itinerary of M/S FANTASY that will sail out of New Orleans on Saturday August 25, 2007. This change will be applied to all 5 Day Western Caribbean cruises until further notice with the exception of the cruise on Saturday November 17, 2007 , whereby the sequence of the calls in Progreso and Cozumel will be reversed.

Revised itinerary will be as follows:

DATE: PORT: ARR: DEP: REMARKS:

SAT 8/25/07 NEW ORLEANS 4:00 PM

SUN 8/26/07 AT SEA

MON 8/27/07 PROGRESO 7:00 AM 4:00 PM (WAS COSTA MAY)

TUE 8/28/07 COZUMEL 9:00 AM 5:00 PM (WAS 7:00 AM ARRIVAL)

WED 8/29/07 AT SEA

THU 8/30/07 NEW ORLEANS 8:00

What cabin did you have?

We will be on the Fantasy in Oct.

Can't wait for all the details.

We were on the Empress deck, we had cabins E143, 147, 151 & 167. They were really convenient to get to just about anywhere you wanted to be at. Have fun in October!

You have mail!

Also, how was sail away, did you have time to get back up on deck to watch pulling away?

I answered your e-mail, I hope it helped...yes, we were actually pulling away as the lifeboat drill finished. I love going down the Mississippi, this Captain makes the turn around very smoothly too. ;)

I guess this means we loose 2 hours in cozumel and gain one in progresso. Thanks for your post. I'm scrambling trying to decide what to do in Progresso.

I heard that the ruins tour and the city of Meridia tour was very good. We just walked around Progresso...you have a 5 mile pier to ride down to get to town, it is very unique. They also had some jet skis and a little bit of beach to sit and enjoy if you get tired of shopping there.

I hated to lose any time in Cozumel...but you really did not miss it that much, at 9 am we were walking off of the ship.

How long did it take to get off the ship in Cozumel? We have reservations for Nachi Cocom and i am axious to get there when they open at 9! Thank you for your help we leave in a little over 2 weeks. Cant wait!!

I heard that the ruins tour and the city of Meridia tour was very good. We just walked around Progresso...you have a 5 mile pier to ride down to get to town, it is very unique. They also had some jet skis and a little bit of beach to sit and enjoy if you get tired of shopping there.

I hated to lose any time in Cozumel...but you really did not miss it that much, at 9 am we were walking off of the ship.

I'm trying to plan our day in Progreso just as a casual beach day - let me ask you this: how long does it take to get from the ship to the end of the pier, and vice versa? We're trying to decide if we might want to go to the beach around 8:30 or 9 and then take a "break" around 11 to head back to the ship for lunch and to let the kids rest for half an hour. Then we'd head back out to the beach for another hour or two. Is that going to be WAY too much hassle, or is it doable?

Lol i just ask you about the timing thing!

How long did it take to get off the ship in Cozumel? We have reservations for Nachi Cocom and i am axious to get there when they open at 9! Thank you for your help we leave in a little over 2 weeks. Cant wait!!

We had just finished our breakfast and they announced that we could go aboard, there was not even a long line, took an elevator down to the 3rd floor and walked right off just a couple of minutes after 9am...we had a tour scheduled to meet at 10 am in Cozumel, and wanted to make sure we made it on time, and we had plenty of time to spare. Have fun!

I'm trying to plan our day in Progreso just as a casual beach day - let me ask you this: how long does it take to get from the ship to the end of the pier, and vice versa? We're trying to decide if we might want to go to the beach around 8:30 or 9 and then take a "break" around 11 to head back to the ship for lunch and to let the kids rest for half an hour. Then we'd head back out to the beach for another hour or two. Is that going to be WAY too much hassle, or is it doable?

The busses run every 20 minutes...it takes about 5 minutes to drive down the pier etc.. it should be doable for you, as long as you don't have to sit and wait for the bus to leave for very long...they are not air conditioned and it is HOT there...we are used to it living in southwest Mississippi, but some people are not. You have to walk through a very small shopping complex at the end of the pier before boarding the ship...but you could come and go easily. There is a little restaraunt across from the beach area that has clean restrooms and inexpensive cokes etc....but again, no A/C. :eek: BTW The day we were there we did not leave until almost 6pm because of some complication with the tug boats, and we still made it to Cozumel on time.

My DD wants her hair braided, I'm sure this is done in Progesso, right? If so, do you remember the price?

Yes, I saw this in Progresso, in the little flea market, the prices are all negotioable....there were 3 different places there doing this in competition, so bargain for it....I was looking at a beautiful hand crocheted purse...the woman told me $20 for it, I wanted it; but wanted to see what other things were there, she read my hesitation for bargaining and came down to $7....and it is beautiful, she even showed me the stiches she uses to crochet/weave them. So tell your dd she can have her hair done there and bargain away.;)

Did you have a problem with communicating in Progresso? Did many of the people there speak English? Did you take a taxi? If so, did you have an problems with that? Thanks!

No, not a problem, English was well spoken and understood...we did not take a taxi, they drive like demons there though, so if you take a taxi hold on tight! :eek:

Archived