Carnival Spirit 11_14_07...Can you send me your thoughts on this cruise/ship?

macclka

My husband and I are taking the Carnival Spirit (Mexican Riviera) on 11/14/07...To Acapulco, Manzanillo...

Do any of you have any tips, comments or reviews of this ship and cruise experience? I would so appreciate you sharing.

Thanks!

My husband and I took this cruise in January. We loved it! Zihuantenjo was our favorite stop, although we had a great time in the other two ports also. We had an obstructed view balcony which was not obstructed at all in my opinion. We had first seating in the dining room and I wish that I had changed it, but it was still fine. The food, the service, every thing was great. We plan to go on the Spirit to either Alaska or Hawaii in the very near future.

macclka,

We are on the week before you :rolleyes: Can't wait either!!! We will have our two oldest adult children (maybe the other two also, but they haven't decided yet) and a grandchild...has anyone had an inside room with the pull down beds (for 3rd and 4th person)? Anxious to know what those rooms are like...

Have you been reading about the ports? Any thoughts yet? :cool:

My husband and I are taking the Carnival Spirit (Mexican Riviera) on 11/14/07...To Acapulco, Manzanillo...

Do any of you have any tips, comments or reviews of this ship and cruise experience? I would so appreciate you sharing.

Thanks!

You will find that the Spirit class of ships is alot people's on this board favorite S ship. Easy to get around, just the right size

My family went on that cruise last December. It was the best cruise we have ever been on. The Spirit is beautiful. The food and service was very good. Only think lacking was the entertainment in the main show room. The evening the cruisers participated was very good.

In Alcapulco we just went to Carlos and Charlies and shopped. Wasn't very impressed with Alcapulco, but so you know, our favorite time is out to sea. If it were up to me, I would seldom get off the ship at all.

In Z which is lovely, we just wandered around the little village. Our son and his girlfriend did the horseback riding through the jungle and really enjoyed themselves. In Manzanillo which is a commerical port, there isn't much to do unless you take an excursion. We did the Turtle excursion and loved it. You get to release baby turtles into the ocean.

I would take that cruise again in a minute! Enjoy!

We are going to that cruise on Spirit for the second time and looking forward to it. Planning to spend a day on beach in Acapulco and do some shopping in Manzanillo. Acapulco's cliff divers show is very impressive but we've seen it three times already. We had a siteseeing tour in Manzanillo and noticed that this city is the most different from our other stops in Mexico. The secret is that, unlike the other places, Manzanillo uneployment rate is about 5%, which is unusually low for Mexico. So there is no desperate crowd chasing you in a hope to sale you anything to make a buck. They have very nice silver jewelry in local stores where clerks are not as pushy as, say, in Mazatlan.

Archived