An Airport Question

PittsburghJack

Since we are all "well traveled", I'll post this question.

Does anyone know of a reliable car service in Zurich and would it be feasable for a short tour during a layover? I see the city center is about 8 miles from the airport. Has anyone ever attempted this sojourn?

I'm trying to convince Mrs. Jack into flying Swissair for our cruise and the only "problem" is that there is an 8 hour layover in Zurich. We've never been there and would love to visit a museum , gallery or other worthwhile venue.

All responses are appreciated. Thank you. Jack

I don't know of a car service in Zurich. I used taxi or tram. There is a train that runs from airport to town that runs often.

If possibel try the Dolder Grand Hotel for lunch. It is up on the top of a mountain.

The mail street, Baunhofstrasse (sp) is full of many great shops.

Lefty Bob

Does anyone know of a reliable car service in Zurich and would it be feasable for a short tour during a layover? I see the city center is about 8 miles from the airport. Has anyone ever attempted this sojourn?

I'm trying to convince Mrs. Jack into flying Swissair for our cruise and the only "problem" is that there is an 8 hour layover in Zurich. We've never been there and would love to visit a museum , gallery or other worthwhile venue.

Contact Zurich Airport transfers and they should come up with several answers to your question.

Jack,

Zurich has a very good public-transport-system. A train runs from the airport to the center of the town. There you can easely visit the town by foot.

You can visit the website of the swiss-tourist-office: "www.myswitzerland.com" for every information you like.

Have a nice trip !

Hug

Archived