vow renewal

vfb2girls

We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary when we take our cruise in 2008. Since our anniversary actually falls on one of our sea days I was wondering how to go about having our vows renewed. Do I set it up with Carnival like a wedding? We do not want to have the vow renewal that involves several couples but want to have our own ceremony. Has anyone ever arranged something like this? Any suggestions would really be appreciated. Thank you

We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary when we take our cruise in 2008. Since our anniversary actually falls on one of our sea days I was wondering how to go about having our vows renewed. Do I set it up with Carnival like a wedding? We do not want to have the vow renewal that involves several couples but want to have our own ceremony. Has anyone ever arranged something like this? Any suggestions would really be appreciated. Thank you

They do have that ceremony and yes you have to arrange it with Carnival. From what I can remember it is pretty pricey, about $300.00+. I could be wrong on the price.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/images/Onboard_Experience/Weddings/weddings2007B.pdf

I found this otherwise just go to the carnival site and type in wedding up in the search box. . hope that helps. or you can call up carnival to see if renewals are any cheaper but I think I saw that it is the same price minus the license fee's.

We are sailing in October for our 25th Wedding Anniversary and I have looked into the Vow Renewal package. You can call ahead, but basically you set it up once you get on board. It is at the Captain's Discretion on what day he can do it...since he is running a crew on a working vessel. However, you can make a suggestion and they will try to accommodate you. Here is a post containing the info they sent me in an email. You may find that whole CC thread about vow renewals very helpful too.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=9642777#post9642777

Thanks so much for all the great suggestions. We are not to concerned with the price of the renewal since we had a very quickie justice of the peace thing 25 years ago. So the two of us are willing to spend alittle extra money on the renewal. I will get a hold of Carnival and see what they come up with, thanks once again. Planning a cruise is so much easier with the help from this board.

Don't know if your interested, but if you do an island search many facilities hold weddings for cruisers and can provide vow renewal as well. I have several links from searching for daughters wedding but found them easily with google. Also try the wedding threads... great ideas there too.

congrats!

I would try to set it up with Carnival. Believe me, it will be worth it! From my experience, they will go out of their way to make it special for you. At least that's what they did with our wedding. When's the anniversary? Our one year anniversary is Jan '08. :D

carnival does a good job with this. Its $350 and the captain does the vows so the only drawback is you have to be on his schedule, but the special events person really does a good job to be as accommodating as possible. You get a cake, bottle of champagne , and a photographer to take pictures afterwards at all the set up picture spots. Then you choose the pictures you want, the ships photographers are excellent. It is a private ceremony.

Archived