Newark NJ or NY Flights

tinykygal

I read that Newark and Laquardia are 15 min from the cruise port in Manhattan.

Which airport do you use? Which is best for overnight lodging and are there hotels who offer shuttle service to the port?:confused:

Again, the Boards rule!:)

Thank you.

As I posted in your other thread, IF you fly into Newark and depart from the Manhattan pier, plan on $70-100 for transport from EWR to the pier. Taxi's from NJ DO NOT have to take you into Manhattan, although most will. But you pay double the rate, as NJ taxi driver's are NOT ALLOWED to pick up pax in NYC.

It will take AT LEAST 30 minutes from LaGuardia. It will generally take 45 minutes-one hour from Newark.

There are quite a few airport hotels around JFK and LGA. The airport hotels around EWR are a little "iffy" except for a couple. Hotels that are recommended around EWR often do not have shuttle transportation to/from the airport. Taxi's in NJ are about twice the price as taxi's in NYC, due to teh distances.

IF you go into Manhattan for a hotel, plan on a minimum of $250.00, unless you just happen to find an exceptional bargain. Airport hotels around JFK/LGA are usually around $100.00 on Priceline/Hotwire, slightly more if you book through other venues.

All in all, as a frequent NYC business traveler, I would fly into LGA or JFK. Unless you are saving over $150.00pp flying into EWR, the time and expense is NOT worth it.

Archived