Time difference..Early tender..Captain Marvins??

mnhenderson

[SIZE=2]We are sailing on the Sensation on October 11th.We have booked the short excursion with Captain Marvins.Our meeting time is 8:00am Grand Cayman time.I understand that means 9:00 am ship time. Has anyone had any touble getting an early tender off the ship.I know sometimes they get funny about folks that have booked on their own.I just wondered what others had encountered.I think we are supposed to dock at 7:00am(ships time).Thanks for the input. Mariann[/SIZE]

We used Captain Marvin's for our tour, and Ruth knew exactly what time our ship would be in port (I was confused about ship-time vs. island time). We also wanted to try and do the early snorkel, but Ruth said we wouldn't be able to get off the ship in time (she was right). Email Ruth your concerns and she will be able to tell you what you time slot work the best for you.

As for getting off the ship (we were on the Triumph)...we ended up purchasing the island tour so we could get off the ship early. Well, we met everyone in the designated lounge, and they herded us toward the tenders and not once were we asked if we had a ticket for the excursion. They asked that everyone who didn't have a ship excursion planned to meet in the large lounge where they passed out tender tickets. I've heard different stories about getting on the tenders early...sometimes they ask to see the ship excursion ticket, and sometimes they don't. It's hard to say what will happen to you, but Ruth will tell you what excursion you will be able to do with them if you are not able to get off the ship early. :)

I emailed Ruth before our trip and she stated that ship's time is the same as their stated time. So, if you need to meet at Captain Marvin's place at 8:00, that would be ship's time. We got off of the Paradise 3 weeks ago and we had concerns about tendering, also. All we did was get in line 1/2 hour before the start of tender ticket handout. By doing this, we were on the first tender boat with no problem. Captain Marvins is about a two-block walk to the left after you reach shore. Have fun!

We went with Capt Marvin last week off the sensation - did the 8:30-10:30 tour (9:30 ship time start) We just went down with the first group (around 8:30 ship time) and a lady from Carnival asked if we had an early excursion and I said yes but on our own - she said "oh well, have a good time" - no problem at all - they are not going to make you wait!!!

Archived