chocolates on pillows

loobylouuk

I have been asked by my 4yr old to find out if our Norman..(this really means cabin steward!......dont ask!) will leave her chocolates on her pillow before bed, just like Norman(cabin steward did on the Sea Princess)

Please advise anyone..........if not then i'll have to do it!

Um.... a rubbish rainy caravan holiday in Bognor was all we got as kids!

Hi Soletred

I 'm excited too!!! Wonder when the formal night will be? It seems a bit strange to have it on usual night 2, as the ship is in dock till late and loads may still be in Amsterdam, plus our coaches don't come back till 6.30/6.45pm so us on 1st sitting will really have a rush on to get ready - and will we miss the gala pre-droinks party>>>???? it would make more sence to have formal on night 3 so all can enjoy it. My mum in law is really looking forward to it, and will be such a rush otherwise! Hubbies birthday on Amsterdam day too.

I'll be on the deck at sailaway, do look out for me , Tony and a older lady lol and say Hi!!!

Sue

Hi Soletred

I 'm excited too!!! Wonder when the formal night will be? It seems a bit strange to have it on usual night 2, as the ship is in dock till late

Sue

I emailed P&O to ask when the formal night would be for the same reason. They said it is decided by the cruise director on board. I hope it is the last night as we will also be celebrating my husband's birthday that night and have surprise champagne and cake ordered for him.

Yes it was the third night! A few people i asked on the boards were thinking night 2 - as per usual, but as I said, with quite a few pax in Amsterdam - we didn't sail till 11pm, and coaches not due back till 6.30/6.45pm it would of been silly to hold it then. As it happened we got onto 2nd sitting as well ( we were waitlisted) so it would not of been so much of a problem.

Sue

stealing? From my own cabin?? NO ! Instead of eating the 2 packets on the hospitality tray i chuck then in a drawer, and they are refilled - lol

I paid £1100 for a 3 day cruise, for us 2, and won't be loosing any sleep over taking home some biscuits to enjoy with my cuppa at home! :D

Sue

don't ask me how many biscuits and pillow chocs i had on my 14 nighter!

Would you class taking the pillow chocs as stealing too>>>?

Hi sue I never spotted you sorry :-( however I was so ready for the break totally exuasted fell sleep in the theatre first night.

Had a great time the weather was kind although a little rock and roll on the sail between Rotterdam and Zeebrugger.

Loved Bruge.

Must admit only our second pando ship but didn't rate the Aurora as highly as the Arcadia so glad I am back on the Arcadia next July.

The cabins are much much smaller on the Aurora when compared with the Arcadia and the balcony well to be frank a bit of a joke.

I found the lay out a little odd too no direct lines of transit having to jump between decks to get from one space to another very strange. maybe one would get used to it on a longer cruise.

Over all the service was good the food upto pandos normal standard so an enjoyable mini break.

Got to admit really noticed the kids on board another reason to look forward to the Arcadia no ankle snappers heheheheheh

Ankle snappers - the amount of babies/toddlers surprised me!. On the first evening, we were a bit tired and tense, and we had a grizzly baby next to us in Champions bar at pre-dinner drinks, then a baby next to us at a table on 2ND SITTING !!! When 2nd sitting doesn't even start till 8.45pm - of course the baby was tired and irritable, and then at breakfast another baby at next table.... no more comments but lets just say, I prefer Arcadia. A friend today mentioned that when Ventura comes along, perhaps alot of families will move over to her and Aurora will have less kiddies. Then I may go back, esp out of school holidays.

My photos are on this link: Do you think you saw me around ?

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/Aurora3nAmsterdamAndBrugesCruise

I wrote a review on the pando part of this board too.

Did you have a long wait at check-in? we did, thought it was a right shambles - bring back luggage labels with tickets I say for short cruises.

Most people wanted the porterage service by the amount of cases i saw in corridors on the last night, I'd say

Sue

Hi sue agree I was shocked by the amount of kids on board and would go as far as to say I have in fact never seen so many children on a ship.

I would guess it is due to the short duration of the cruise and the lower price meaning people can afford to try cruising.(which I suppose is what the weekenders are all about)

What really shocked me was that most of the kids should have been back at school clearly education ranks very low in peoples priorities these days.

I will be completely frank the combo of the shambolic check in and the amount of children on board would have total put me off P&O had it been my first pando experience fortunately it was not and I have exeperinced the Arcadia. ( And know things are normally much better organized )

I'm sure that Ventura will be a very family styled ship and therefore despite the fact I'm sure she will be amazing I will be avoiding booking her.

I think I may have spotted you at the Captains Cocktail party but it was very busy and we set off for dinner around 8:40

A great holiday in all but must admit not blown away with the Aurora

Hi sue agree I was shocked by the amount of kids on board and would go as far as to say I have in fact never seen so many children on a ship.

What really shocked me was that most of the kids should have been back at school clearly education ranks very low in peoples priorities these days.

I will be completely frank the combo of the shambolic check in and the amount of children on board would have total put me off P&O had it been my first pando experience fortunately it was not and I have exeperinced the Arcadia. ( And know things are normally much better organized )

Soletread, Children in this area Bristol/Bath returned to school Mon 3rd Sept. I would never let my children miss those first few days at school, when starting a new school year, or even a new school, it is so important they are there to make new friends in their new class.

But, as I mentioned, alot seemed to be toddlers/babies. TOTALLY agree with you re above comments. The check in was stupid, we should write and tell them. It was not like that on my dec/06 2n cruise on Aurora to Zeebrugge, we had luggage labels and were treated the same as 2 week cruises, pull up at entrance porters take luggage - into ship, but we drove car to cps car park ouselves, which was ok. This time a queue to drop cases off and write luggage labels, then a long snaking queue for scanners???? which we have always done after check in and never queued, and then another long queue to check in. More long winded than a long cruise.:confused:

I really enjoyed Amsterdam and Rotterdam, The tour we took 'Amsterdam in a Nutshell' was excellent. You would of liked the young dutch girls strip tease! lol

Sue

p.s. where are you off to next - Venice for me- 16 lovely nights on Arcadia!

Dear Mr Cruisebore;)

Ever wondered what to do with those packets of 'ships biscuits' which found their way into your cases after your P & O Cruise ?? besides dunking them in your cuppa?? Well heres a recipe for you - enjoy!! LOL :o)

Ships Biscuits Italian Trifle –

6 packets of P & O biscuits – honey & oat, ginger or priory crumbles – you choose!!!

3-4 fresh peaches/400g can peach slices/drained or fresh strawberries

4oz good quality dark or milk chocolate

2x 250g tubs mascarpone cheese

10 oz low fat natural yogart

6 chocolate sticks/fingers

Crumble the biscuits by bashing the living daylights out of them while in the packet with a rolling pin …….

Sprinkle one packet in each of the 6 individual trifle dishes. If using fresh peaches, peel if wished, then cut in half., discard stones and slice. Arrange the fresh or canned peaches or strawberries ontop of the P&O crumbled biscuits. Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Heat until soft then remove from heat and stir until smooth. Reserve

Cream the mascarpone cheese until soft, gradually stir in the yogart then gently swirl into the melted chocolate.

Pile the mixture ontop of the peaches/strawberries and chill for 30mins.

Serve decorated with halved strawberries and chocolate sticks/fingers

Well, that what I am having tonight anyway,

Sue x

Archived