Shuttle from Fort Lauderdale to Maimi

Cruisin'Kim

I know this has been asked before......but we are arriving at Fort Lauderdale Airport Januay 12th and going to Holiday Inn Port of Miami Hotel before our cruise leaving from Miami January 13th. I have it narrowed down to 2 shuttle companies:

TransFloridian has quoted us $209 all inclusive round trip January 13th and January 20th for a private Shuttle for 4.

Infinity Transportation has quoted us $221.60 all inclusive round trip for a 6 passenger black stretch limo.

Has anyone used either of these companies? Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Kim.

wow that seems expensive...We are planning to rent a car pre-cruise from FLL to Miami. (about 55.00)...tri county express was my number 2 choice..

Infinity Transportation quoted me 65.00 non-shared ride picked up at the port of miami to FLL....have not pulled this trigger yet...still looking

I have taken the taxi from FLL to Maimi several time I have paid $66 to $80 dollars for up to 4 passengers.

I would not take a private ride. Was qouted a price way to expense and if they forget to show they already have your money as you need to pay ahead of time.

wow that seems expensive...We are planning to rent a car pre-cruise from FLL to Miami. (about 55.00)...tri county express was my number 2 choice..

Infinity Transportation quoted me 65.00 non-shared ride picked up at the port of miami to FLL....have not pulled this trigger yet...still looking

Was the quote of $65.00 for 4 people or 2? We have 4 people riding, so automatically moved to a 6 person stretch Limo - $110.00 from port of miami to FLL., just trying to reason out the difference in price.......

mercuryfan-have you taken the taxi recently, (last year perhaps)? I'm happy with that price, just have to convince the other couple that we won't be too crowded in the taxi after sitting 4 hours on the airplane.

I called Florida Limo yesterday.

We are flying into FLL and cruising out of Miami. I was quoted:

$18 per person for shared shuttle from fll to miami port.

$122.50 per car :eek: (holds 4 passengers & includes gratuities) and is a private ride. They do not offer shared rides from miami port to FLL.

Still trying to figure this out!

$122.50 per car :eek: (holds 4 passengers & includes gratuities) and is a private ride. They do not offer shared rides from miami port to FLL.

I've been trying to make sense of it all myself.....I think someone on the boards mentioned that most companies will offer shared shuttles only from the airport, not to the airport.

We have a quote from Tri-County at $18.00 per person for shared shuttle from FLL to Holiday Inn, Port of Miami, but the estimated arrival time being picked up at FLL at 11:00 is 12:45 to the hotel! That's almost 2 hours, IIm assuming that it's either a long wait for the shuttle to fill up, or a heck of a lot of stops between the airport and the hotel. I figure I'd be starting my vacation in a not so great mood:(

For the private ride at $122, we should arrive at 11:40, (although I think that may be wishful thinking, everyone seems to be saying it's about an hour from FLL to Miami Port.

The quest continues.........:)

Was the quote of $65.00 for 4 people or 2? We have 4 people riding' date=' so automatically moved to a 6 person stretch Limo - $110.00 from port of miami to FLL., just trying to reason out the difference in price.......

mercuryfan-have you taken the taxi recently, (last year perhaps)? I'm happy with that price, just have to convince the other couple that we won't be too crowded in the taxi after sitting 4 hours on the airplane.[/quote']

I see your point....mine was for 3 people... big difference. I also discovered something else that im still trying to figure out....

from the "terms and conditions" tab.....

rates are billed, exclusive of applicable fees/taxes, surcharges and a 20% Base Gratuity. If you feel you would like to provide an additional gratuity, it is at your sole discretion.

I have taken the taxi from FLL to Maimi several time I have paid $66 to $80 dollars for up to 4 passengers.

I would not take a private ride. Was qouted a price way to expense and if they forget to show they already have your money as you need to pay ahead of time.

Hi Mercuryfan,

Not to butt in or anything, but...........I had cabin 1700 on the Freedom of the Seas in March of 07. Wow.

Linda

We are using http://*****/files/home.html

for 3 people from the Port of Miami to FLL airport.. $60 plus gratuity.. they use vans. All you need to do is send them an email requesting a quote.. they are pretty good with getting back to you the same or next day.

Do you know if this is shared riding or your party alone? We will be four (2A, 2C) returning on the Liberty in November and I have a car reservation from Hertz that I can use but frankly, if I can just have a service waiting to pick us up for not much more, it's easier than taking our luggage on the car rental shuttle to the office and then loading up again.

Do you know if this is shared riding or your party alone? We will be four (2A, 2C) returning on the Liberty in November and I have a car reservation from Hertz that I can use but frankly, if I can just have a service waiting to pick us up for not much more, it's easier than taking our luggage on the car rental shuttle to the office and then loading up again.

This is just for our party.. as we have an 11:45am flight he will be waiting for us outside at 8am.:)

I got the same quote today. Except I'm coming in a day early and heading to the hotel first. I don't understand why it's $122.50 for the return trip?? Yikes!

I got a quote of $97 RT from Easyexpress.biz. I've used them in the past for $40 RT, but this time I'm traveling alone so perhaps that is why it is so much more??

I am leaning toward buying a RCI transfer for the return trip and using Tri-County at $18.00 from FLL to the hotel in Miami...this seems like the least expensive way to go. Opinions??

I am leaning toward buying a RCI transfer for the return trip and using Tri-County at $18.00 from FLL to the hotel in Miami...this seems like the least expensive way to go. Opinions??

Excellent plan. :rolleyes:

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami in Oct. What did you eventually settle on for transportation from FLL to the hotel? Have you stayed at this hotel before? I understand a cab from FLL is $65.00, so this is what I had originally thought of doing...no waiting for the shuttle to fill up and taking the cruiseline's shuttle back to the airport on the return.

Nik's Mom

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami in Oct. What did you eventually settle on for transportation from FLL to the hotel? Have you stayed at this hotel before? I understand a cab from FLL is $65.00, so this is what I had originally thought of doing...no waiting for the shuttle to fill up and taking the cruiseline's shuttle back to the airport on the return.

Nik's Mom

I haven't stayed at this hotel before, but have been told it's clean and the staff is good - I also like that it's close to the port, and across the street from Bayside mall! Please let me know what you think when you return:)

We're STIIIILLLLL researching - we are going with a private shuttle, as there are 4 of us, having just sat in a plane for 4 1/2 hours - so we want to make sure we have a van, and it's nice to know they will be waiting for us when we get there.

Here's what we are deciding between at the moment, (I copied and pasted info from my emails):

sunandmoonexpress.com:

"The transportation rate from FLL Airport to Holiday Inn by Port of Miami to 4 people is $60.00

The transportation rate from Port Miami to FLL Airport Intrnational to 4 people is $60.00".

Top Shuttle:

"The price is $75.00 + $10.00 (airport fee)=$85.00 each way + tip to

the driver for 4 people.

The driver will pick you up at the airport in the baggage claim area

with a sign with your last name on it.

And at the Port of Miami please call us 30 minutes before you get out

of the cruise and before claim your bags since the cruise time are

very variable. He is going to have a sign with your last name on it. "

Infinity Transportation:

The price for a black stretch 6-passenger limousine would be as follows:

Base Rate $ 85.00, Base Gratuity $ 17.00, Tolls (if applicable) $ -, Early/Late ($10 - 12am-6am), $ -Parking (remove for curbside) $ 2.00, Airport Tax $ -, STC Fee $ 6.80, Port Fees ($10 on port p/u) $ -, Total $ 110.80 Transfers are quoted one-way.

We have an 11:45 flight out of FLL the same day as we dock in Miami, so I'm leaning towards the company that is supplying the most information regarding pick up.

Let me know what you decide, and have a great cruise!

Kim.

I've done RCCL transfers in the past, and my only caution is you have to wait for the bus to fill up before it leaves.

A few years ago, we waited about 30 minutes for the bus to fill up before we started the trek to the airport.

Yeah, not a big deal overall, but it felt like hours....

We've used tri county from miami to FLL in the past, and had good experience, so we'll be using them again this Dec.

happy sailing,

wendy

O.K........has anyone used Top Shuttle or Sun and Moon Express before? They have the best quotes so far, (top Shuttle-$85 each way + tip, Sun and Moon-$60.00 each way + tip), but I'm really nervous about the 11:45 a.m. flight in FLL that we have to make coming home, and would feel better if someone had used either of them and had feedback.

Thanks!:)

Kim.

O.K........has anyone used Top Shuttle or Sun and Moon Express before? They have the best quotes so far' date=' (top Shuttle-$85 each way + tip, Sun and Moon-$60.00 each way + tip), but I'm really nervous about the 11:45 a.m. flight in FLL that we have to make coming home, and would feel better if someone had used either of them and had feedback.

Thanks!:)

Kim.[/quote']

Easy Express.biz gave me a quote of $97 round trip. I've used them once before, one way, back to the airport. They gave me a call in the morning when we docked and were waiting for me. I was at the airport by 9:45.

Sun and Moon express gave me a quote of $70 each way.

Archived