carvinal conquest good or bad?????

romeosgirl

Me and my fam are going on the Conquest and so are our friends. We have never been on the Conquest and don't know how the workers,dining,food,or camp carvinal is. I really need to find out what camp carvinal is like because we have 2 12-14 year olds and one 10 yrs.

I have only been on one other cruise before and that was NCL Dream and dident like it. SOOOOOOOOOO........ PLEASE HELP ME..:(.................

P.S. my cruise is in two weeks :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY

thanks alot

romeosgirl

It's been 2 years since I've been on Conquest, but my kids had a great time with Camp Carnival then - and they've been in Camp Carnival on four other cruises since then and had a great time as well. I'd recommend going to the first night "icebreakers" so the kids can meet the other kids on the cruise. My oldest was 14 when we sailed on Conquest; he did some of the group activities, but also just spent time hanging out with kids he met on board. Aside from Camp Carnival, there's a great teen area and arcade on Conquest on deck 5.

Food for kids - The burgers/franks/fries at the grill on Lido deck aft are very good, as is the pizza on the opposite side of Lido. There are several ice cream stations on the Lido deck as well.

Food for adults (Not to say you can't go to the grill or pizza, too;) ) - the Lido deck deli has great deli sandwiches. I'd also recommend Sur Mer, the fish and chips station on deck ten right above the buffet. There are daily seafood specials, fish n chips, and bouillabaise soup (really good).

I'd be happy to help with other questions.:)

WOW! Your cruise is in 2 weeks! LUCKY!!!!! Your kids should have fun on the Conquest. We sailed her last Feb and it is a nice ship. FUn activities to do, we, obviously have smaller children by my signature picture, did not have our kids with us then, but ARE bringing them on the Conquest NEXT OCT and are both already looking forward to it.I am sure they are going to love it and your kids will too!

I saw many teens on our sailing and they all looked to having a FANTABUOUS times...The Teens CLub dance party looked very fun, we walked by ther one night after dinner....I know most of the kids with parents at our dinner seating (8:00 late) ate with the teen club and not their parents but tended to 'check in' some times during desert with their parents. Which is another thought, I believe you kids are able to check themselves in/ out of Teen club, so you mey have to set you own guidlines about this, curfews, etc.

I know when we travel, I am going o get a couple of those lanyard (neck things) that will hold the kids' S&S card so they will be less alot to loose them...

As for the ports, they are all nice....BUT, please warn your kids about Jamacia, as they will probably be offered weed, or BOB MARELY, as we were! I know, people say that in Jamacia, anyone is offered a $$ reward for turning in someone that buys the stuff (not that you/your kids would...Just a warning, they will proabably be asked. Although, don't skip this port, as it is one of the most beautiful beaches...

Grand Cayman, I had never heard of this Island before cruising, and boy, Do I LOVE IT!!!! She is most definatly my favorite WC port (ok, sorry, I've only been to 3...LOL) I think probably one of the most favorite aspects about it is that I felt alot safer here than I did in Jamacia...I even browsed the sops alone while DH and friend snorkled just off of the main strip. Although, the stuff is high priced...Please check out some of the beached here too...ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFULL!!!! Be prepared as this is a tender port, and will take extra time to get ashore/onboard.

Cozumel, well, does have some beaitiful beaches as well, although I suggest knowing where is you all are planning to go. Downtown is quite interesting and beautiful, as well I heard Chauckanob (sp) is FANTABLOUS too!!! I think you kids will have a blast....They are going cruising instead of school....RIGHT!!!!

Archived