Redeeming points to someone else?

lisas414

Can someone please tell me with the RCCL Visa card, when you redeem your points for the onboard credit, are you able to transfer those points over to someone else? Like for instance, if my mother wanted to redeem her points and give them to her granddaughter for an upcoming cruise can she just put their name on the back of the certificates? Would it be honored?

Of course I believe you, but I would still like to see if anyone else has done this or not. I love when people put all their expertise on these subjects and help me out. I am going to try to redeem the points in their name, I just really hope it works. Then I was thinking of having their grandfather open up a RCCL Visa card so he can get points too, and redeem them also for their granddaughters cruise.

I have used some elses certificates more then once. The person with the RCL visa redeems the points and then gives the certs to anybody they want, you can even sell them. I bought some and filled them out on the back and sent them in for redemption and it's honored.

I have used some elses certificates more then once. The person with the RCL visa redeems the points and then gives the certs to anybody they want, you can even sell them. I bought some and filled them out on the back and sent them in for redemption and it's honored.
See?!?! :D What did I tell you? :cool:

I do believe the certificates say non-transferrable but, as I stated on the other thread, I have read numerous times here on the boards of those redeeming them for other people's cruises.

Why not just call the number on your card and ASK THEM????????

Are you speaking of the BOA CS number?! Those people are as uninformed as, uh, as many RCCL CS reps. lmao.gif

C&A would be who to contact as they are the ones to handle the actual redemption. BOA merely issues the certificates.

The OP has already stated on another thread that she has emailed C&A about it (after I suggested she call).

Are you speaking of the BOA CS number?! Those people are as uninformed as, uh, as many RCCL CS reps. lmao.gif

C&A would be who to contact as they are the ones to handle the actual redemption. BOA merely issues the certificates.

The OP has already stated on another thread that she has emailed C&A about it (after I suggested she call).

GOOD ANSWER.:)

I did not know about the other thread; and yes, I would call C&A before BOA.

Where did you get your little laugher avatar???? I love it. :p

Where did you get your little laugher avatar???? I love it. :p
Isn't he cute?!

I frequent another message board rolleye11.gif and they have an infinitely wider variety of smilies available which can be copied and inserted as an image here. So I've been known to "borrow" them from time to time.

Another favorite: rotfl2.gif

You should be able to right-click on the images in my post, click on Properties and then copy the Address (URL) and "use" them yourself. (You will also see the web address of the "other" message board site which is NOT cruise-related unless you count Disney cruises ;))

Enjoy! banana.gif

P.S. Sorry, Lisa - didn't mean to hijack your thread. Carry on. surf.gif

See?!?! :D What did I tell you? :cool:

I do believe the certificates say non-transferrable but, as I stated on the other thread, I have read numerous times here on the boards of those redeeming them for other people's cruises.

The certificates do not say non transferable quite the opposite. It says right on the back to fill in this portion ONLY if you are not the same as the name on the front.

The certificates do not say non transferable quite the opposite. It says right on the back to fill in this portion ONLY if you are not the same as the name on the front.

Exactly! Right on the back of the certificate it says "If Guest Name is different than the name on the front of this coupon, please provide the following information:" and gives blanks to fill in Name, Date of Birth, Street Address, City, State, and Zip.

I have a copy of a certificate right in front of me. I know this is correct. ;)

Archived