? On Hawaii Flowers

PuaIpo

Looking forward to our trip in Oct. and wondering if Plumeria flowers will still be blooming at that time? Last time we were there it was Sept and they were in full bloom:) Even after 30 years I still can't get the smell out of my mind and it is one of the things that I am really excited about this next trip. My DD's have bought me all different types of plumeria scented things through out the years but it just is not the same smell. Cant wait until they smell the real thing and then they will finall understand my obsession:D

Here is a great article on some flowers here. Looks like you might be in luck if we don't get any big storms that blow all the flowers away. Might not be as good as Sept., though.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2007/Jul/01/il/FP707010301.html

Thanks so much for the info, it looks like there might be a possibility, if somewhat slim according to the web site. If not I guess we will just have to go back next Sept:D

We have been to Hawaii many times at different times of the year, mostly winter months, and I have never failed to see plumeria during any season. I love it too. Aloha!

Bucky3, Thank you sooo much for your answer. It has made my day! I was hoping if nothing else they would have Lei's from a green house or something but seeing them bloom is so much better:) My favorite ones are the creamy white with yellow middles. Whats yours?:)

There was an article in the Hawaii Magazine about Molokai Plumerias.

Interesting web site. www.molokaiplumerias.com

Bug-dan, Thank you for this wonderfull website:D When we were last in Hawaii we spent 10 days on Molikai for our honeymoon. Do not know if this company was there then but I do remember that there was a large tree/bush of plumeria out side of our condo. We came back from dinner one night and they were having a Luau under the tree celebrating King Kamahamaha. It was magical and the scent was intoxicating. I fell in love with the islands that night and promised we would be back someday. Well it will be almost 30 years but we will be back this Oct. I can smell those flowers now:)

Archived