2009 Grand Australia, New Zealand, and South Pacific

Old As Dirt Mom

Tell you what, first person on this board to make a booking for this cruise starts the roll call!;)

Well, I have no idea if I am the first person, but technically I booked this cruise on Friday. :) I have a cabin and everything!

Blue skies ...

--rita

Well, I have no idea if I am the first person, but technically I booked this cruise on Friday. :) I have a cabin and everything!

Blue skies ...

--rita

Fantastic, Rita! Tag, you're it!:D Go start us an Amsterdam roll call:D I'll join you as soon as we've got a booked cabin. Right now we've just got the $100 per person deposit holding a cabin category.

I guess we have almost two years for all of us to get to know each other better:)

Bob and Pat J, you know the Amsterdam well, so hope to "see" you on the roll call, too!:)

Karin

We booked today and got our cabin reservation. Our TA is pricing the cruise so we don't have a price yet. We probably should start a ROLL CALL on the Amsterdam page. Cruise Critic says "Roll Calls were started for individual cruise lines so that our members could "meet up and chat with" others who they'lll be sailing with. This made it much easier to find others on your cruise instead of scrolling through all the threads here on the main Holland America Lines board."

We got lots of time to plan etc but on previous Grand Voyages ROLL CALLs were a great place to share info.

I can set it up or if someone else already plans to do it let us know. We should all move over ther then.

I guess we have almost two years for all of us to get to know each other better:)

Since we've got a nice bit of lead time before this sailing, perhaps we can pool our resources and even come up with some neat tours ... at a far better price than HAL offers ... in some of the ports.

I think this is gonna be an awesome itinerary ... and an awesome cruise ... with a great bunch of people to share it and make it special.

Blue skies ...

--rita

:) OK, Rita (Kryos) has started a roll call for this cruise; thank you Rita. You can find it here. The title is " Amsterdam 2009 Grand Australia, New Zealand, and South Pacific Voyage September 2009". I'm assuming that Kryos is including passengers who are doing only the return segment from Sydney-Los Angeles in this roll call as well. That segment departs November 1, 2009, and returns to LA on Dec 2, 2009 (hope I figured that out OK). We've just received our cabin and booking number, so I'll head over to the HAL roll call board and we can continue our chatting there. :)

See y'all onboard in a little less than two years!:)

Karin

That segment departs November 1, 2009, and returns to LA on Dec 2, 2009 (hope I figured that out OK). We've just received our cabin and booking number, so I'll head over to the HAL roll call board and we can continue our chatting there. :)

Yep, the roll call is for whether you are doing only one segment or both segments. Anyone who is gonna be on the boat ... no matter when they board.

I admire anyone who can do only one segment. Sadly, I can't fly that far, so I'm stuck. I have to find a way to get enough time off for both segments. But if I didn't have these problems with my leg (clotting issues), I'd be only too happy to just do one segment and fly the opposite way.

The only question I have about this itinerary is why on earth no stop in Maui? We hit Hawaii, but don't stop in Maui. That almost doesn't seem to make sense.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived