Just got back!! Quick review of our port excursions on NCL Pearl

WesC

Juneau: Beautiful weather, hiked part of the West Glacier trail, needed more time to get to the ice caves (4.5 hrs), went to the Mendenhall Visitor Center and hiked the trails there and saw a black bear! Took the Mt. Roberts Tramway which was quite nice but expensive (don't do it if the weather is bad).

Skagway: Had an awesome day!! Rented an SUV from Avis and headed to the Yukon. Made numerous stops at our leisure seeing the beautiful scenery and made our way to Carcross to get our passports stamped. We arrived in Caribou Crossing and had lunch and went on the dog cart run and pet the puppies. Wonderful time and the cart was fantastic, crazy experience. We independently booked horseback riding with Joni of Emerald Lake Ranch and had an awesome ride- saw grizzly tracks!:eek: You have to see Emerald Lake!!!! The colors are one of a kind. This was a great day.

Ketchikan: Our group split up, three (incl me) went ziplining on the Canopy Tour. This goes by quickly (aka "ziplining") but we saw another bear and the experience is great if you have never done it before. The parents went on the Misty Fjords boat tour and they liked it a lot (saw eagles and seals) and one other person went on the Tatoosh islands kayak tour, which he enjoyed (saw various sea urchins etc.) This place has the best shopping by far!! Also, three of us went to the Great Alaskan Lumberjack Show. Expensive ($34pp) and geared for families (not much history and lumberjacking), but a fun experience, I certainly would not do it again.

Victoria: Our group went to the Butchart Gardens but we did not have nearly enough daylight to enjoy this place. The fireworks at the end of the day (saturdays only and sorry but they are done or the year) were amazing! These gardens are unlike anything I have ever seen and I have been to quite a few places around the world. This is a must if you have the time and daylight.

Archived