Meeting People on Triumph

racyguy14619

Any tips on good ways to meet people on my first solo cruise in 5 weeks ? Are there any really good spots onboard or activities that I should make sure not to miss ?

I am 51 and can be a little shy about meeting people I don't know (I'm going to make a big effort, though), but after I have a connection with someone I'm very open and friendly.

Oh, the clock moves so slow this close to a cruise :rolleyes:

Ken, first of all, my condolences on the loss of your dear wife. I commend you for getting on that cruise ship, determined to have a great time and meet new people!

I often comment on a book someone is reading, or perhaps if we are in the same area, ask them where they are from, what do you think of this ship, have you been to this area before, etc. I have found that people who travel love to talk about their travels *smile*....I know I do, and you can always find something in common if you also love to travel.

If a person isn't really responsive, I let them be; that is a signal to me they're not really interested in chatting, which of course is fine! But most of the time, once you hit on a topic close to someone's heart, they will be off to the races and appreciate an interested listener.

Best wishes and I hope you have a wonderful time.

Jane

Archived