Fort Lauderdale to Miami shuttle?

MaryL31

Okay, I know this question has probably been asked a million times, but, of course, I never paid attention to the answers because it was never an issue for me. I am thinking of booking a cruise out of Miami, and I have $400 credit with America West...the flight would be virtually free on my dates if I fly into Ft Lauderdale; however, it would cost me an additional $153 to fly into Miami (these are round trip prices for 2). How much would a transfer to Miami be? Is it worth it to do this, or should I just "eat" the $153 and fly into/out of Miami? Thanks in advance for your advise.... Mary

Okay, I know this question has probably been asked a million times, but, of course, I never paid attention to the answers because it was never an issue for me. I am thinking of booking a cruise out of Miami, and I have $400 credit with America West...the flight would be virtually free on my dates if I fly into Ft Lauderdale; however, it would cost me an additional $153 to fly into Miami (these are round trip prices for 2). How much would a transfer to Miami be? Is it worth it to do this, or should I just "eat" the $153 and fly into/out of Miami? Thanks in advance for your advise.... Mary

I haven't done it yet but I understand there is a shuttle bus or share a ride station outside of the luggage in FLL. They cost approx 18 50 25 dollars and will drop anywhere in Miami. I called a cab co. and was told approx $75 plus tip. The problem is getting back inexpensively and no shuttles returning unless you take RCCL transfers. We are renting a car in Miami with a shuttle pickup at port and taking to FLL bacause we are leaving the following day. Hope this helps and if I gave wrong information (I got this info from CC) I'm sure someone will correct me. BTW the car rental was $54 with taxes for 24 hrs and drop off in FLL. (Alamo)

There are several van services that will take you from FLL to the Miami port. I don't have a name for one but if you do an internet search you won't have a problem. You can book them in advance and they will meet you at the ship when you get back. I think the price may be less than a cab. We've used them in the past but it was several years ago. It's only about a 45 minute ride depending on traffic. Good luck.:)

Archived