Getting Cash Onboard

RMVET

Is there an ATM onboard the QE2 or some other way to withdraw cash? With so many ports visited during the World Cruise, am wondering about getting local currency while in port. Any suggestions?

As long as your ATM card displays Cirrus, Visa or Mastercard, you will be able to withdraw cash anywhere. Likewise, if you have travellers cheques, you will be able to change them.

Be wary though, the Cunard rate of exchange on board is swingeing to say the least.

Thank you for your response. If needing cash, in some ports I would feel better making a withdrawal onboard ship rather than using an ATM on a busy street in some questionable areas. Being a Capricorn, I start planning early and think of all kinds of eventualities. I probably worry too much, but then, I am a Capricorn!

Thank you for your response. If needing cash, in some ports I would feel better making a withdrawal onboard ship rather than using an ATM on a busy street in some questionable areas. Being a Capricorn, I start planning early and think of all kinds of eventualities. I probably worry too much, but then, I am a Capricorn!

You'll pay heavily for such a service. Much, much better to do it ashore.

Matthew

Matthew has given you excellent advice on using ATMs abroad; we have never had a problem (there again, I don't think I'm a Capricorn......)

Archived