how did you find the decor on the legend?

oakleys

we have been looking at the legend, for maybe our next cruise, even though we did the western route on the miracle in 2006, we prefer going to mexico etc. plus for a family of 4, the extended balcony work's out well, so the spirit class fit's us well. the legend seem's abit of a dark ship, decor wise. so how did you find it overall?

thanks

Sailed her last year. I did think the decor was a little dark. Lots of golds and blacks. There are burnished gold Greek urns as the recurrent theme of this ship. It is very much trying to be reflective of ancient Greece and Rome. Lots of busts, (jiggly ones on the lido:D ) . Lots of darker wood and ebony colored trim. IMHO is isn't the prettiest ship afloat.

That said, I had the extended balcony and the stateroom was wonderful. The bedding is very comfortable and the in room decor is much lighter and brighter.

The service from the dining staff is wonderful, and I found the pursers staff to be the nicest of the four lines I have been on. The food is fabulous. The adult aft area is supervised and a lovely quiet retreat. Some of the lounges are much brighter than others, and all of them had good entertainment.

To sum it up, even though I didn't like the decor I would sail her again if the itinerary, price, and timing was right for me. Happy sailing.

Donna

Sailed the Legend late January this year in between two cruises on the Valor (one in November and one in April.)

Have to say the use of urns as decorations along star railings in the atrium area and around areas of lounge entertainment was not my choice as someone like me who likes to hold on to the railings while walking up and down stair cases got a bit frustrated.

However, I found the other decor of the ship quite pleasing and loved the layout of the ship. I really didn't find the decor to be dark at all. Guess I was just having too much fun on the ship to notice any darkness.:D

Loved the Legend so much that we're booked on the Miracle this January to compare the two sister ships. Same itinerary as January but on a different ship in a different year.

Dianne

I wasn't fond of the urns, but it wouldn't stop me from sailing her again. I liked the decor in areas like the Unicorn Cafe and the Firebird Lounge.

Exactly.

Wasn't fond of all the eagles everywhere on the Valor the first time I set eyes on her but we were back to sail her again a few months later. After the initial sight of the decor the entire decor melds into the background as you find out what a great time you are having.

Dianne

Archived