What if any drinks are served free at breakfast Lunch & dinner

peppymouse

Hi, my DW and I are leaving for our 1st cruise September 14th on the Emerald Princess. First of all thanks to everyone for providing such wonderfull information in ALL areas!!! It's soooooo much appreciated for us newbies.

I plan on buying a soda card, however was trying to understand what, if any free non alcholic beverages are available for each of breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Thanks in advance,

James and Liz.

They generally have regular tea bags available at the buffet all day, but during breakfast they have specialty tea bags available. I usually get a couple in the morning so I can use them later in the day. My husband and I always order milk with our dining room meals and the milk is usually located near the cereal at the buffet in the morning. As said before water, hot tea, iced tea, and coffee are always available.:)

We bring our own soda, on board. But, if you love cranberry/apple or orange juice you can order more than one, for breakfast (free), put it in a thermal mug, with ice in it and you have a cold, refreshing drink to take along your journey.

You will always have an ice bucket filled with ice and a refrigerator to keep your drinks cold in.

Have a wonderful cruise and wait and see how fast you get "hooked!"

The worst part of cruising is when it ends!

Tell us how you liked it when you return! :)

If you get to the buffet before breakfast shuts down (about 11:30), grab a large glass from one of the bars, fill with ice and half cranberry-half orange juice. Makes a great cooler while basking in the sun - might be good with some vodka or rum in it too!

Ron

Hi, my DW and I are leaving for our 1st cruise September 14th on the Emerald Princess. First of all thanks to everyone for providing such wonderfull information in ALL areas!!! It's soooooo much appreciated for us newbies.

I plan on buying a soda card, however was trying to understand what, if any free non alcholic beverages are available for each of breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Thanks in advance,

James and Liz.

In Dinning room:

1.) Normal Juices at Breakfast Orange, Tomato, etc.

2.) Coffee and Hot Tea anytime (Ice Tea Lunch & Dinner)

3.) Milk (skim or full) Anytime

4.) Ice water Anytime

I have asked for Tomato Juice at lunch, and gotten it as well.

Thanks, I guess I'll bring my own too.

I took some with me to the Horizon Court and made my own, also requested hot water from room service with cups and milk and had some in the room while sitting out on the balcony. Melted a sugar free peppermint patty in the cub and it was pretty good. sort of fake peppermint schnaaps.

Hello James and Liz...

As you've already found, CC is a Fabulous place for information. And you're only Newbies once. After that, you're oldies looking to increase your wisdom and share the knowledge YOU have gained. :)

Although I can't give better information than you have seen here already, I would like to ask you something if you don't mind the interruption.

I took the liberty of reading your profile and noticed some similarities to your family and my own. The only reason I did THAT was because you're sailing on the same cruise my DW, DD, DM and myself are on. It was too much of a coincidence to pass up. :) We're taking a few off-ship excursions some of which we arranged through the Roll Call for this cruise. I was just wondering if you had joined the Roll Call?

Dyrek

Hi Dyrek (I.T. Geek),

James here. We did not join the roll call. I think with it being our first cruise, we just need to "ease" our way into this new world. Also, prior to finding cruise critic, we had already planned a few outings, such as horseback riding in Mykonos, a bicycle tour in Pisa, and a rock sea climbing adventure in Marseille. So, now that we know a little bit more, we might just wander over to the roll call party just to see what's up.

Kindest, warmest, most koolest regards,

James & Liz

I was surprised to see that Princess did not have hot cocoa mixes in the buffet. You can order it as a specialty drink w/whipped cream and sprinkles on top, but you will pay extra for it. Celebrity had packets of regular and sugar free hot cocoa mixes on the buffet.

Archived